Dingoo A320

joepie91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Clongetty said:
can it run SNES mode 7 game? super mario RPG anyone?
I just tested it for you and it doesn't run on the native emu, just a black screen. Dingux, I'm not sure. It might work on there, maybe not. Can someone verify that? I don't have Dingux atm after a lot of unbricking and firmware tweaking
tongue.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
This is a wonderfully in-depth review! Everything I ever wondered about the Dingoo is answered.

Unfortunately, the button defects, along with the whole "HK" business, has pushed me to not get one for now...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DjoeN said:
Nice review, got i myself have a HK Dingoo model so i keep away from Dingux, just use it for the native dingoo os emu's.

dingux runs great on the HK just do a bit of research before installing it. as for the native o/s emus, make sure you grab the pre-patched emus i have hosted in the review.

QUOTE(geoflcl @ May 17 2010, 05:36 PM) This is a wonderfully in-depth review! Everything I ever wondered about the Dingoo is answered.

Unfortunately, the button defects, along with the whole "HK" business, has pushed me to not get one for now...

i don't know whats up with the d-pad issues, it could have just been the 3 i got from deal extreme. as for the "HK" stuff you really don't have to worry. if you get an dingoo and you aren't sure just run the universally pre-patched native emu's and apps. if you ever have to unbrick just use the universal unbricker by joyrider and mth. i tried to stress in the review that the "HK" thing exists but isn't an issue users should really be worried about. its just not a big deal anymore.

@Pliskron: this thread is not an advertisement for the Wiz. you seem to experience issues found on the HK dingoo. i have none of those problems on 4 tested original dingoo digital paw printed units. if you are really that unhappy with the native o/s then dual boot dingux. your complaints are yours alone and unfounded by my review. also the build quality is extremly solid. i dropped the test dingoo on the floor a few times, for the sake of the review. the only problem is with the inconsistency i experienced with directional pads on the purchased deal extreme units. i would appreciate it if you kept you badgering and snide remarks to your offline buddies

please list what gba, snes, cps2 games you have problems with so that i can run my own tests.

@joepie91: thank you for your comments. some of what you said is already in the review in various places. i had no idea about the flash 6+ limitation. thanks for posting your xvid encoding specs, those should help out many users. i failed to comment on the lock button and the power button being used for a system wide "soft-reset" so thank you for mentioning those. i added some of what you said to various areas of the review and gave you thanks at the bottom of the review!

-another world

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review. I would love the get a Dingoo, but I don't really need one since I already have a PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands