Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pong20302000
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,984,773
  • Replies Replies 3,606
  • Likes Likes 137
Haha, you don't wanna see the german Digimon shitbase. People on Facebook be like "We don't two f*cks about Digimon Fusion just give us Adventure 3".
Unfortunately these people are usually the loudest part of the fanbase.


*cringes* There is no pleasing the vocal minority is there?

Xros Wars was pretty good though
 
Boy Hunters killed it for me, there were 4 episodes that weren't random filler and that was just...yeah
If boy hunters kept the quality of the first episode we might have had a epic Xrosover season with all the Digimon characters but the main author really writes like a child sometimes. I guess it's Bandai's and Toei's fault for hiring a dude whose best work is only "okay".
 
If boy hunters kept the quality of the first episode we might have had a epic Xrosover season with all the Digimon characters but the main author really writes like a child sometimes. I guess it's Bandai's and Toei's fault for hiring a dude whose best work is only "okay".


Yeah, the first episode was awesome (mainly because MetalTyrannomon was a main feature) then it was pointless filler, then the introduction of other hunters and Tai and Masaru cameo, then more filler crap and finally the last three episodes i guess were good. I had forgotten the Infermon into Quartzmon thing...

on the topic of the patch, i think one plus is they wont have to struggle with this when they work on Decode though since most of the game carries over, so that's a plus!
 
anime? I think the last I watched of Digimon was some of Digimon Tamers, which was like... the 3rd one? I loved watching Digimon when I was a teen, I remember thinking quite highly of Digimon 2... or season 2.... well, the one with more grown Kai and his sister as a tamer. I have no idea which Digimons released after that and if they are any good.
 
anime? I think the last I watched of Digimon was some of Digimon Tamers, which was like... the 3rd one? I loved watching Digimon when I was a teen, I remember thinking quite highly of Digimon 2... or season 2.... well, the one with more grown Kai and his sister as a tamer. I have no idea which Digimons released after that and if they are any good.
Frontier and Savers/DAta Squad were pretty amazing. However half of the value in Digimon always gets lost during the localization. Instead of sweet songs like "Butterfly" "Brave Heart" "Biggest Dreamer" "Last Element" or "Evolution and Digi Xros ver. Taiki" the American viewers get crap songs that have little to nothing to do with the actual series. I was really upset to find out how poor the English localization is and Bandai is missing out on so much money that way. half of the merch in japan are music CD's.
 
Sweet songs? But how do you localize that? We can't understand anything they sing = |
Doesn't seem like that aspect of Digimon would sell in the west
Well Germany certainly had no problems localizing these songs and making tons of cash out of it. US dubbers were just plain lazy and if you can't imagine that part selling in the US then ask yourself why Disney movies are so popular. They also have good sing along songs with purpose and meaning behind the text that translates well into any language. They been doing that for years and they have always been popular for doing so.

Also the first Pokemon Anime had a great opening song and that was pretty popular too. Even without watching the Anime I can sing the entire song out from my mind.
 
Well Germany certainly had no problems localizing these songs and making tons of cash out of it. US dubbers were just plain lazy and if you can't imagine that part selling in the US then ask yourself why Disney movies are so popular.
You make a good point. But still it's hard to attribute an anime failing due to the songs.
 
You make a good point. But still it's hard to attribute an anime failing due to the songs.
Well, you're right, early marketing of the franchise was too aggressive towards the Pokemon fanbase. Which turned off a lot of people.
I remember lines like "This show is way cooler than Pokemon" like direct bitchfight marketing like in the old days of Sega and Nintendo.
Man I wonder what happened with Sega Consoles... oh!
The Pokemon vs Digimon debate, if you can even call it that, wasn't caused by fanboys on the Internet. Bandai US/EU themselves are responsible for it.
Also Digimon World for Playstation was heavily mis marketed, at least in Germany. If you read the back of the box you would think the game is a monster collector RPG with trading and being totally not identical to Pokemon.
The game however is everything except Pokemon. The back also told you this game has something to do with Digimon adventure which is so terribly misleading since this game has nothing to do with Digimon Adventure.
 
Well, you're right, early marketing of the franchise was too aggressive towards the Pokemon fanbase. Which turned off a lot of people.
I remember lines like "This show is way cooler than Pokemon" like direct bitchfight marketing like in the old days of Sega and Nintendo.
Man I wonder what happened with Sega Consoles... oh!
The Pokemon vs Digimon debate, if you can even call it that, wasn't caused by fanboys on the Internet. Bandai US/EU themselves are responsible for it.
Also Digimon World for Playstation was heavily mis marketed, at least in Germany. If you read the back of the box you would think the game is a monster collector RPG with trading and being totally not identical to Pokemon.
The game however is everything except Pokemon. The back also told you this game has something to do with Digimon adventure which is so terribly misleading since this game has nothing to do with Digimon Adventure.
Maybe you should recheck the game, in the game it clearly states "there were others before you" which clearly if you look at the story and all the included protagonists means that you are following up on the original adventure.
 
Maybe you should recheck the game, in the game it clearly states "there were others before you" which clearly if you look at the story and all the included protagonists means that you are following up on the original adventure.

Uhm no. The game is still not connected with Digimon Adventure.
The "there were others before you" is just as vague of a hint as the "there were others before you" in Digimon Adventure. It can mean anybody. Plus the plot reference I was talking about went like "can you stop Devimon from taking over the Digiworld?". Devimon not only is not the main antagonist of the game nor is he a important henchmen. you don't know about him until the second you battle him. It's a obvious reference to Digimon Adventure and it has nothing to do with said game.

Plus the protagonist is officially a Tamer (from original Japanese version), not a digidestinged. In the canon of Digimon Adventure Tamers don't exist. Even Ryou Akiyama was a Digidestinged before he became a Tamer in Digimon Tamers. And Analogman is a Adult. 02 already established how seemingly impossible it is for Adults to enter the Digiworld.
 
  • Like
Reactions: XDragon2688
Maybe you should recheck the game, in the game it clearly states "there were others before you" which clearly if you look at the story and all the included protagonists means that you are following up on the original adventure.
Yeah, DW1 is a completely separate universe to the Adventure series. However, much like in both Adventure seasons, it's stated at various points that there have been kids going to the Digital World in previous generations. Re Digitize makes good on that by having you be another human brought to the DW1 world, except because time flows faster, it's been thousands of years.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted