Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People need to feel like there's an ETA though!

At the beginning of the project this was already stated:
There is none. It takes however long it takes. Could be weeks, months, years.
It will be done when it's done. No ETA will be given at any time.

And "by the time you are done nobody will care for the game", I tell people who say that: so go ahead and don't care for it.

Rosenakahara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I dont have a 3ds so i dont care about this, i do however hope the patch is done soon though because i don't want to have to wait like 3 years or something :P (im fine waiting up to one year since i watch hellsing ultimate abridged XD)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

This trademarks were filled as recently as 14 September 2012. While they COULD mean something, it was never stated that the Trademark in Question has any relation to RE:Digitize.
As a matter of fact, the only trademarks that were filled in were Digital Monsters and Digimon World.

Bottom line: There is no conclusive proof whatsoever that those trademarks are related to Re:Digitize.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This trademarks were filled as recently as 14 September 2012. While they COULD mean something, it was never stated that the Trademark in Question has any relation to RE:Digitize.
As a matter of fact, the only trademarks that were filled in were Digital Monsters and Digimon World.

Bottom line: There is no conclusive proof whatsoever that those trademarks are related to Re:Digitize.

While that is most likely true.. (Although I hope they are indeed localising the game) it could also be that they are dropping the Re-Digitize name and just calling it Digimon World 3D(S) which would fit the Trademarked names...

Roytaichou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Romsstar, any chance you could release an incomplete patch? I do not really care about the storyline, the fact that you have menus and such done is enough for me, i can google the storyline. Also what part of germany do you live in? I will be studying in Giessen next year

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Romsstar, any chance you could release an incomplete patch? I do not really care about the storyline, the fact that you have menus and such done is enough for me, i can google the storyline. Also what part of germany do you live in? I will be studying in Giessen next year
People have asked/demanded for that before and the team has decided to release only the full patch. Period.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

FranciscoMateus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

Did you even care to read the lasts posts? And even if you don't care about an incomplete patch, what about people that cares?

KMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Keep up the good work :) I have seen the half-patched version by another group but it's a total disaster. I'm waiting for it even if it takes some more time.
Going to Bamberg next week who's with me? :P

Tylerrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even care to read the lasts posts? And even if you don't care about an incomplete patch, what about people that cares?

And this matters why? No real reason they couldn't release an incomplete patch, not like it would take that much time away from the project to compile it into a patch for the iso.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
And this matters why? No real reason they couldn't release an incomplete patch, not like it would take that much time away from the project to compile it into a patch for the iso.

People have asked/demanded for that before and the team has decided to release only the full patch. Period.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

FranciscoMateus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

Partial Patch:

Pros:

- people get to start the game faster
- people who just want menus or other basics can get that
- people feel like progress is being made
- increases support for the project if the incomplete patch is decent, meaning slightly increased momentum

Cons:

- it takes a lot of time to invest into making the patch
- often times it means breaking up the process, instead of translating and preparing as one big step over a few months, they have to do part of it, then insert it into the game, then get back to translating/preparing, etc., this is detrimental to the speed of the project as a whole
- much more likely for bugs, glitches, etc.
- it's incomplete, derp
- people will complain about certain things that will likely be fixed in later patches, and until the team releases a new patch they will CONTINUE to say this
- nubs will question why it's not fully translated and ask about when the full patch is coming etc., wasting the people's time when they should be working on the final patch
- the opposite of the last "pro" can also hold true, it can backfire and decrease momentum if people end up complaining too much or releasing the incompleted patch can make the team lose their momentum and even say "whatever I'm too busy we'll just quit here"
- people who make progress on the incompleted version will likely want to switch to the new completed version once it's out, meaning the creator's have to then worry about supporting the transferring of saves, which can be not only difficult to explain to people, but sometimes impossible/generally difficult if the game's programming has been edited enough
- the experience of transitioning from an incompleted patch to a completed one is generally weird because people have to get used to all the translated text--as odd as it sounds that people might be thrown off by everything being translated when that's the goal, if you've followed enough projects, this'd probably make some sense (for one, if you're mid-playthrough and didn't know crap about the story besides inferences from cutscenes... -_- then the translated story appears and it's like "uh, wut?")

Full Patch:

Pros:

- less likely for bugs, glitches
- everything's done, so people can just sit back and enjoy the game instead of worrying about all the untranslated text, stuff that has yet to be done, etc.
- more professional
- everything is "consistent" so to speak, there's no "oh, they changed the name of X to Y from one patch to another" because there was only ever one name
- people spend less time annoying creator's and pushing their buttons
- allows them to focus and work on the project most efficiently instead of worrying about getting patches out
- pretty much, it lacks most of the cons of partial patches :|

Cons:

- it takes a lot longer to get released and in the mean time there's nothing to "keep people busy"
- there may be time spans with little to no visible progress
- difficult for someone to pick up the project if it dies unless the team shares their progress privately (which is totally feasible so :|)

Even if you're not good at reading and comprehending English, I think the pure quantity of pros/cons of each attests to which one is generally the better option

And ultimately, it's the team's choice, and if they're working on this translation hack for free on their own time, they have little reason to listen to the petty desires of people who contribute little to nothing to the game (with the exceptions of legitimate suggestions, which happen oh so not often)... i.e. to say, they can do what they want, and they don't have any obligation to explain themselves, nor does anyone have any obligation to follow the project and play it when it is complete :P

But there's also the whole "people being nice/reasonable and explaining their logic", as a hacker, project manager, etc. I took the liberty of speaking for translation teams in general, I apologize if I said something that doesn't apply, I just felt like giving my 2 cents on why full patches are preferable over partial patches.

Thx Blazer and Stormyu

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh God. Yet another jackass joins <(insert website/forum here)> to ask for <(insert voluntary action here)> to be done faster/quicker/partially, as he/she/it feels entitled to the "voluntary action", yet they (probably) don't have a legal version of the game in question.

In the words of the Internet: go die.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.