Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly do you need? Just an image editor and a text editor that has a "repointerer"? You don't need the actual labor of a programmer, correct? What type of files do you need opened? If you can specify the type of image editor and text editor that you need (no matter what the price is) I can probably get a hold of the programs. I can even search for programs that do what you need them to do if you give me more information. I apologize if you think you don't need my help, I just want to be of any assistance that I can. Thanks.

I can't really be mad at you for not knowing those things. So I will just shortly explain and hope this won't repeat itself:

Like about 70% of all games custom formats are used. Programs for that aren't out, they have to be written, because these formats are custom and don't exist anywhere except this game.

This isn't about money, we just need someone who can either fix the available text editor to work with story files or write a custom one.

And yeah an Image Editor for a custom format here. we have some information but found no one capable putting this informations to use.

Our programmer Roxas75 had a go at this but his program can't open what we need.
Falo who seemed to have figured it out won't answer anymore.

So we are in a delicate situation. We are nowhere close in giving up. But it is a difficult situation because we don't know what of the things we translate will actually work and we don't want to have it all for nothing.

For anyone who is doubting our Translation:

Most people of the team have Japanese skills, I myself study to become a professional Translator. Not that I really do care what anyone thinks because we are doing this translation mostly for us.
But I assure you the Translation will be accurate and professional.

What I do take as an insult is stating that our story translation is gonna be inaccurate anyways, even more if we haven't even provided anything from the story yet for mentioned reasons.
Thats too bad :( I hope you can get somone who can do what needs to be done

kenma9123

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to barge in. But I think this seems to be interesting. If you excuse me I would like to have a look on a sample file.
I may ask some of my team mates to do take a look on it. If they have a time. That is.. :D

Reactions: 1 person

razezonvolt007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it !
I was able to talk to Truthkey and guess what...he said he would be happy to help with the patch!
That's his answer to my e-mail:
  • RE: REQUEST ONLY FOR HELP - Digimon World Re: Digitize‏

From: Truthkey KH Obsessed ([email protected]) Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 06:07:41 To: [email protected]

Hello!
In fact, I wouldn't mind helping in any project you want. You guys just need to fill me in. However, I'm not sure if I can help you guys in all aspects.

If you need to contact me in any way you can use MSN or Skype or anything else. I can code some tools for you guys to do the translation and maybe
help you a little bit with the translation.

I've answered his e-mail like this:

• RE: REQUEST ONLY FOR HELP - Digimon World Re: Digitize‏
    invis.gif

From: Rodrigo Ramalho da Silva ([email protected]) Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 06:55:01 To: [email protected]

Alright then!

If you are saying you're really interested in the project I would ask you if you could please access this link below and sign in on the community(don't worry it's free, you can check), Romssatar(the programmer whom asked for help) will be expecting you and will fill you in with the details about the project patch, the game or anything you would like to know about it:

http://gbatemp.net/topic/331385-digimon-world-redigitize-translation/

Once again we all thank you alot for your attention and if you need anything I'm here to help at anytime!
Feel free to ask me or any member in the community for information.

Guys I may not know much, but what I do know if any of you played Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix is that this guy is quite able to help us!
All we need is patience...

And of course I would ask humbly Romsstar to help him and fill him with the details.
Actually that goes for everyone who's interested

Oh yeah and once again I am only trying to help and make this happen!

Porkman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been keeping an eye on this project and I'm loving the dedication put into it. Great job so far. I support you guys 100%.

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone is having this issue...but are the images on the first post showing up as broken for anyone else besides myself? I'm only pointing this out because they were there not too long ago and now show up as broken images for me. (might be a pc related issue for me and I'd like to diagnose the issue if it is, haha)

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been keeping an eye on this project and I'm loving the dedication put into it. Great job so far. I support you guys 100%.

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone is having this issue...but are the images on the first post showing up as broken for anyone else besides myself? I'm only pointing this out because they were there not too long ago and now show up as broken images for me. (might be a pc related issue for me and I'd like to diagnose the issue if it is, haha)

It's the same for me the images aren't showing up

razezonvolt007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah he really aswered!
Here is his answer Romsstar:

Hey guys! So, someone asked me if I could join to the project and helping you in the romhacking/programming aspect of it. I would be glad to create tools for you, mainly extractors/inserters. I'm also good at analyzing file types. You guys just need to tell me what has been done so far and what is needed to be done in general because by reading the thread it wasn't very clear. How did you translate the stuff you guys have so far? Hex editor?

EDIT:
I already figured out the ARCV0.BIN format and I will create a packer/unpacker for it. You guys are lucky, this package even includes the filenames and folder structure, haha.

Edited by Keytotruth, Today, 12:24 PM.

Alright then, I really don't have anything he asked(and I would never know what to do with) but since he is trying to help I would sincerely ask the translators and programmers to give him some attention...

Translators:
Romsstar
Pong20302000
trhennly
kkusagami
uria999

Programers:
Roxas75
Stormyu
Falo

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is getting tiresome. People claiming they can help keep popping up, talk with us for 10 minutes, say they can't do anything and then disappear.

Just that everyone knows:

Don't hold your breath, we are not translating anything new till we have solved our issue. So consider this patch on hold till we have a solution for said problems.

Not that we don't want we just don't want to see work going to waste.

UlissesAlexandre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck Romsstar and team, I'm rooting for you guys as I want this patch to come out badly. Hopefully you'll be able to finish it 100% and achieve all your goals and personal objectives. :)

(Sorry, moral support is the only thing I can do at the moment. :( )

Chronoid

Trophies
XP
Country
You may not belive it but i registered only to show you my support and show you my apreciation for what you're doing.

I whish I could help but I dont know japanese nor enough programation.

Thank you for your hard work!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played