Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

geo-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know nothing about translating, but from what I can determine of your posts: Do you have no idea how to translate it and you are asking someone to tell you exactly what to do? Since you didn't specify from the beginning you needed step by step you can't be mad that no one gave you steps. You kind of lead people to believe you knew what you were doing when you said you were making a patch. Making a patch is no easy task and I don't think anyone is going to go through the extensive hassle to teach you the entire method on here. I'm not being rude, just saying.
I asked for detailed explanation. I don't need help on making a patch itself. It's easy to make (thanks to good people who coded needed soft and shared it). What I need is help on how to make russian symbols work in game.
And I'm not mad at anyone. Nobody owes me anything. So... no mad. Just sad.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know nothing about translating, but from what I can determine of your posts: Do you have no idea how to translate it and you are asking someone to tell you exactly what to do? Since you didn't specify from the beginning you needed step by step you can't be mad that no one gave you steps. You kind of lead people to believe you knew what you were doing when you said you were making a patch. Making a patch is no easy task and I don't think anyone is going to go through the extensive hassle to teach you the entire method on here. I'm not being rude, just saying.
I asked for detailed explanation. I don't need help on making a patch itself. It's easy to make (thanks to good people who coded needed soft and shared it). What I need is help on how to make russian symbols work in game.
And I'm not mad at anyone. Nobody owes me anything. So... no mad. Just sad.
The problem you have is it's as i said, the russian letters are missing in the font table, they are in the image, but not in the table.
Try to write greek letters, only alpha, beta and gamma does work, the rest is there but not in the font table, to make russian letters work, you have to edit the font table.
And MadEdit won't help you here, what you selected there are not the russian letters, that's just a simple table which looks like russian letters if you select ISO-8859-5 as encoding, it's the wrong encoding and this are not letters, this are pointers to the image.

geo-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem you have is it's as i said, the russian letters are missing in the font table, they are in the image, but not in the table.
Try to write greek letters, only alpha, beta and gamma does work, the rest is there but not in the font table, to make russian letters work, you have to edit the font table.
And MadEdit won't help you here, what you selected there are not the russian letters, that's just a simple table which looks like russian letters if you select ISO-8859-5 as encoding, it's the wrong encoding and this are not letters, this are pointers to the image.
So please help me with editing this image to replace some japanese characters with russian ones. Can you do that?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hello :) got a question. the save file from the unpatched version, will we be able to use it in patched ver?
Depends, Unlike ds games, Remixing save files from psp games is a bit harder.
I usually get corrupted files when I try,
Everything has to match up etc etc.
All im saying here is dont get your hopes up.

driggyg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the save files should work , ive used 2 digimon files patched and unpatched and both of em have the same game save on it . shouldn't be an issue.

Chaotik

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone cares (and, if you want to pass some time while you wait for this), someone is doing a translation of the manga, take a look:
http://aboredtamer.blogspot.pt/

D

Deleted User

question, can i play this on an emulator when it is released, or do you need a psp? I would gladly buy the japanese game then just play on an emu.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
question, can i play this on an emulator when it is released, or do you need a psp? I would gladly buy the japanese game then just play on an emu.
Of course you can.

i will confirm you can but the emulator has a few graphical bugs, this is the emulator causing them not the game
e.g. HP, MP, VI all show as poo

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Of course you can.

i will confirm you can but the emulator has a few graphical bugs, this is the emulator causing them not the game
e.g. HP, MP, VI all show as poo
Confirming that. Many sprites are wrong which is why the translation is required as you can't guess from the image what something is supposed to do.

D

Deleted User

can anyone recomend a good psp emulator to emulate this on, ive tried a few so far but they arent working too well

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
already finish the game...still waiting for english patch to understand the story

And us Translators are waiting for someone to create a Tool that can open and edit the Images. And preferably also open some files from the story which can't be opened yet. Otherwise some stuff is simply not accessable.
The programmer is on 2 weeks vacation, I was hoping to hear back from Falo but he hasn't been posting for quite a while here...

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already finish the game...still waiting for english patch to understand the story

And us Translators are waiting for someone to create a Tool that can open and edit the Images. And preferably also open some files from the story which can't be opened yet. Otherwise some stuff is simply not accessable.
The programmer is on 2 weeks vacation, I was hoping to hear back from Falo but he hasn't been posting for quite a while here...
What will happen if you aren't able to open the files will you translate what you can and release a partial translation patch or continue to wait untill you can open the files either way good luck with the translation I really appreciate the effort you all putting into this.

FelixPratamaKusu

Trophies
XP

looks like things is harder than we we think right ? don't worry im still patiently wait for the patch to release,good luck guys ^^

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

looks like things is harder than we we think right ? don't worry im still patiently wait for the patch to release,good luck guys ^^

nope not harder
the guy making the program just went on holiday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ