Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys i created the perfect packer/unpacker for all the texts i started to translate.
We can make a team.

Are u willing to upload the text packer/unpacker?

I really want to do a small German translation patch.
I already done one (Monster Hunter Portable 3rd)

I would be really grateful, if u upload the files :D

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry guys, i didn't have time to reply yesterday.
Well, i created tool that creates a dump of the text files of the game and can re-create this file format.
I tested translating some digimon names, it works well.
gallery_264478_1400_62243.png
gallery_264478_1400_30472.png

Now i'm working on a tool that can easyliy extract all the text files from the archive and reinsert, then we can begin to translate.
I leave to you to compose the team. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, i created tool that creates a dump of the text files of the game and can re-create this file format.

Now i'm working on a tool that can easyliy extract all the text files from the archive and reinsert, then we can begin to translate.
Nice going there. Can we expect a release of the tool? I have some experience in hacking but I'm not good with compression so I would appreciate that.

Speaking of: is the text compressed in any way? Is it using Shift Jis? from what I've seen the Font itself is either compressed or has a custom system.

talking about the images (which we will have to translate as well) If they are in INSDIR and I just figure that they are, the compression seems to be PGD.

Ultimately we will neeed a decomp for that as well. Anyways your work is appreciated. I've already started translating some Mails (the one from jijimon I'm already done)

and will see what I will tackle next.

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The text isn't compressed, but is stored in much archives on a really big tree of files.
So my tool is a bit difficult to code becouse i want to extrat onli the BTX files (texts), but i have quite finished;
The encoding is UTF-16 Little Endian, easy. But there are really many files.

For the images i don't know, i haven't any knowledge of PGD encryption.. :(

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The text isn't compressed, but is stored in much archives on a really big tree of files.
So my tool is a bit difficult to code becouse i want to extrat onli the BTX files (texts), but i have quite finished;
The encoding is UTF-16 Little Endian, easy. But there are really many files.

For the images i don't know, i haven't any knowledge of PGD encryption.. :(
Yeah me neither. I haven't checked the game quite yet but I will. So will you provide your tool for everyone as soon as it is done?

The structure of a PGD seems to be like:.

0x00: 00 50 47 44 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 -> " PGD" and three bit fields that act as flags for version and encryption mode.
0x10: AES-128 bit hash key used for header decryption.
0x20: Generated hash from the 0x10 key.
0x30 - 0x50: Encrypted header of the PGD which when decrypted reveals a new hash key and four bit fields. The first is NULL, the second represents the decrypted data size, the third is the decrypting chunk size and the fourth is the data hash address.
0x60: File hash.
0x70: Hash generated from the sceIoIoctl key.
0x80: Encrypted hash generated from the sceIoIoctl key.
0x90: Data hash.
0xA0: Encrypted data hash.

Installing the game will actually deliver us decrypted files but I haven't succeeded in that yet.. The PSP emulator with inbuilt debugger seems to be capable of that too.

Kenli

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Newbie here.
Wow, very insteresting.
I'm hope i can help and contribute for this project.
Please PM me for the any requirement for this project.
Thx :)

PSI Ground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a guy on GameFAQs who also made a tool. Unless that's you.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5914/translationtest001.png
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5930/translationtest002.jpg

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
screwedup.png

Had a go of my own. Don't pay attention to the screwed up Textbox, this is due to Emulator issues, it runs perfectly fine on the PSP.
Anyways starting to translate a bit right now.

Reactions: 2 people

Crishaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
screwedup.png

Had a go of my own. Don't pay attention to the screwed up Textbox, this is due to Emulator issues, it runs perfectly fine on the PSP.
Anyways starting to translate a bit right now.

Hey im just wondering, when do you guys plan on releasing a patch and how much translating you think will be done by then?
I'm looking forward to the first patch release! :yay:

Also, may I contribute to this? If someone could teach me the coding stuff, i would like to do the menus. Or is it too complicated?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
start.png

I guess as soon as someone provide the Translator (I guess that would be me?) some tools this would definitely speed me up.
I would appreciate automatic line breaks for the Mail system.

This little bit took me 10 minutes. And yeah I do realize that it has some grammar errors.

But after rebuilding the iso for like the 20th time I didn't give a damn.

But it works.

Crishaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
start.png

I guess as soon as someone provide the Translator (I guess that would be me?) some tools this would definitely speed me up.
I would appreciate automatic line breaks for the Mail system.

This little bit took me 10 minutes. And yeah I do realize that it has some grammar errors.

But after rebuilding the iso for like the 20th time I didn't give a damn.

But it works.

I thought you were teaming up with Roxas?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I hope so. He didn't get back to me yet, so I'm still waiting. Wonder how far he is progressed with his tool. I work with a rather inefficiently coded editor by myself. But until Roxas provides his, I can translate stuff by my own already, doesn't hurt right?:)

Robespierre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can tell by my exceptionally low post count, I'm new here. I'm a big Digimon fan though, and I created an account in order to see if I can help out. I'm not much of a coder and I can't speak Japanese, but I am a pretty good writer and if provided a basic English script I could punch it up so it reads cleaner and has a more adventurous polish.

Plop23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I am French and I would translate the games in French.
Would it be possible to send me text blocks translated into English so I translated them into French?
Thank you in advance.

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
This progress. I like it.
Just a quick note - I think it's better if you work on the menus, items and all that stuff first before you work on translating the actual story of the game. Might be just my opinion, but that stuff is more important for the game.
Great work so far anyhow!

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This progress. I like it.
Just a quick note - I think it's better if you work on the menus, items and all that stuff first before you work on translating the actual story of the game. Might be just my opinion, but that stuff is more important for the game.
Great work so far anyhow!
While I agree with you in general, what I wanted to show the fans with these screens is that this is NOT gonna be a simply Menu Translation. I'm aiming for the 100% and not a simple menu translation.
Often enough a project happens to get on hold and only a menu translation was released. I want this to be different.

I can translate most of the stuff in game but I think for some things we need some hacks.
1. Button Swapper (switch the O and X) for Localization -> Should be easy.... It really creeps me out everytime I want to load my game i accidently get back to menu. Maybe that's just me but would be much appreciated.
2. Vfw where needed. While for the Script due to the furigana method implemented we have enough space for text, in the menu we lack that. Also the Menu Boxes need to be expanded in some areas.-> Don't know
3. Find the pictures. If they are uncompressed in the ARCV0, great. But we need an extractor and inserter for that too.
4. For gods sake provide me a tool finally. I'm sorry I don't have enough programming skills to make my own. But if you want this to be translated faster, I would appreciate that.

Reactions: 1 person

Neropsalidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just started playing digitize the day before yesterday and i realy loved that... The bad thing is that i didn't understand a thing :( I need an english patch because i can't play... I apreciate your hard work for an english patch and i suport you guys! I will waiting into this forum for the link of the english patch. Have fun with the translations and please don't forget that hundreds of people around the world waiting for your patches!!!

Sorry for my bad english ^^

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I saw the other guy tools, they are good, now i'm amking a GUI for mine, then i'll release.
Oh, so what about the team? Are we all toghether or not? I started to translate the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!