Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Changing the font size would be just a workaround but not solving the actual problem.
I kinda want to find out why it freezes in the first place.
You probably tried this as well, but what if you manually remove the faulty(?) duplicated header line?
Also, looks like your software adds an extra BTX line just before the translated (or at least changed) part starts that isn't there in the original file.
EDIT: No, wait, the original file has some additional stuff before that BTX line. Original 09A0 is modded 0880.

so if they add the stuff thats before BTX in the original to the translated it might fix it
I doubt it's that easy, but it's worth a shot if nothing else works. I'm just comparing the two without really knowing the contents, after all. I suppose it'd be good to at least know why it's not there in the translated version.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Changing the font size would be just a workaround but not solving the actual problem.
You probably tried this as well, but what if you manually remove the faulty(?) duplicated header line?
Also, looks like your software adds an extra BTX line just before the translated (or at least changed) part starts that isn't there in the original file.
EDIT: No, wait, the original file has some additional stuff before that BTX line. Original 09A0 is modded 0880.

so if they add the stuff thats before BTX in the original to the translated it might fix it
We tried that. If we didn't try all the obvious stuff I wouldn't post here for help ;)

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I doubt it's that easy, but it's worth a shot if nothing else works. I'm just comparing the two without really knowing the contents, after all. I suppose it'd be good to at least know why it's not there in the translated version.

i cant even view the files properly just got boxes and when i try the conversion it gives multi pull suggestions and i cant read anything it says -_-

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

i cant even view the files properly just got boxes and when i try the conversion it gives multi pull suggestions and i cant read anything it says -_-
... What program are you using? For the love of god tell me it's not Notepad.
@Romsstar Yeah, guessed as much :P

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

lol no im using the program romsstar posted what editor you using?

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

VBinDiff and HexEdit :P

ile go download them then my bad so what options is there other then hack the font or shorten the words ?
Haha, I'm doing something different from what you are doing obviously... Basically any hex editor will work. Try setting your system locale to Japanese if the symbols won't show up btw.
Something interesting: I tried importing the original file and changing just one symbol, but the ENTIRE HEADER CHANGED. Your translated version and the orginal have pretty much the same header, but my exported almost unchanged version is completely different. Why is that? 0.o The duplicate BTX also does not appear until after (what I assume to be) the edited content...
@Romsstar All of this is pretty useless to you probably, so if you want me to stop cluttering this thread I'll stop :P

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

VBinDiff and HexEdit :P

ile go download them then my bad so what options is there other then hack the font or shorten the words ?
Haha, I'm doing something different from what you are doing obviously... Basically any hex editor will work. Try setting your system locale to Japanese if the symbols won't show up btw.
Something interesting: I tried importing the original file and changing just one symbol, but the ENTIRE HEADER CHANGED. Your translated version and the orginal have pretty much the same header, but my exported almost unchanged version is completely different. Why is that? 0.o The duplicate BTX also does not appear until after (what I assume to be) the edited content...
@Romsstar All of this is pretty useless to you probably, so if you want me to stop cluttering this thread I'll stop :P
No go ahead. And yeah no idea why this happens, but if we keep digging we might find something. You never know.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey look! Quotes Gallore!
An excite-bike track!!
Lemme get my bike

Excitebike.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
The Encoding Process in that procedure happens in ASCII, when I changed it to UTF8 for testing purposes I got past the loading screen but it hanged intown.
in ASCII it doesn't even get there but already hangs on the "Now Loading" Screen ingame.
It's actually quite logic. ASCII or UTF8 won't work since this is a Japanese language game. Japanese is typically encoded using MultiByte (or WCHAR) neither ASCII nor UTF8 (at least what goes for PC platform). UTF8 requires additional decoding code while ASCII is too narrow to hold the Japanese characters. So the typical choice is WCHAR as it needs no decoding code (since getCharAt(i) is O(1) not O(n) as with UTF) and holds enough characters. If you use ASCII or UTF8 you enter out-of-bounds characters into strings causing a SEGF (freezing). Furthermore you can't cut WCHAR down to ASCII just like that without hacking the code rendering the text. Without having yet taken a look at the file I would bet on fixed-length WCHAR or hard-coded-length WCHAR. In both ways truncating text would be your only solution. If it is though variable-length WCHAR you stand a chance.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I took a quite look at the files. Your problem is somewhere else. The file contains an offset/length table right at the start. You have not changed this table in your translation hence the game looks up the strings at the wrong place with the wrong length. The BTX records most probably have no real influence on the problem there but the table kicks your balls. The first offset/length table entry is located at DEC:32 , record size 8 . If you fix this properly you should be all set and done.

EDIT: Also your text string are either WCHAR or UTF-16. My bet is on WCHAR but the sample texts I examined decode properly with UTF-16 . With normal English though WCHAR and UTF-16 produce the same text hence either way it should work. WCHAR is though a lot easier to implement.

EDIT: EDIT: Also the offset table is preceeded by the file size. It's located at DEC:8 .

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: Okay... quick summary of the offset table at the beginning of the file:
Code:
struct header:
uint32 magic : 'KCAP'
uint32 something : 1
uint32 filesize : #sizeOfFile
uint32 something : // looks like 
uint32 stringCount : 106 // 106 in the file you uploaded
uint32 something : 0
uint32 something : 32
uint32 something : 0
struct tableEntry[ stringCount ]:
uint32 offset : // offset relative to file minus 4 (hence relative to DEC:4)
uint32 length : // length of the entire string block in bytes, hence length[0] = offset[1] - offset[0]

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Encoding Process in that procedure happens in ASCII, when I changed it to UTF8 for testing purposes I got past the loading screen but it hanged intown.
in ASCII it doesn't even get there but already hangs on the "Now Loading" Screen ingame.
It's actually quite logic. ASCII or UTF8 won't work since this is a Japanese language game. Japanese is typically encoded using MultiByte (or WCHAR) neither ASCII nor UTF8 (at least what goes for PC platform). UTF8 requires additional decoding code while ASCII is too narrow to hold the Japanese characters. So the typical choice is WCHAR as it needs no decoding code (since getCharAt(i) is O(1) not O(n) as with UTF) and holds enough characters. If you use ASCII or UTF8 you enter out-of-bounds characters into strings causing a SEGF (freezing). Furthermore you can't cut WCHAR down to ASCII just like that without hacking the code rendering the text. Without having yet taken a look at the file I would bet on fixed-length WCHAR or hard-coded-length WCHAR. In both ways truncating text would be your only solution. If it is though variable-length WCHAR you stand a chance.
With this game we know that the encoding it uses is 16 Bit Unicode little endian as Encoding.
Besides, most japanese games I encountered, unless compressed were using Shift-JIS or Unicode as an Encoding.

Text Truncating is definitely not the only way.
Even with a fixed length WCHAR we could implement our own compression or as mentioned before modify the font table.

In any case text truncating would be the WORST and EASIEST but saying it is the only one is like already giving up.
There is always more then one option and even the worst case has a better solution.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I took a quite look at the files. Your problem is somewhere else. The file contains an offset/length table right at the start. You have not changed this table in your translation hence the game looks up the strings at the wrong place with the wrong length. The BTX records most probably have no real influence on the problem there but the table kicks your balls. The first offset/length table entry is located at DEC:32 , record size 8 . If you fix this properly you should be all set and done.
Yeah this sounds plausible. We haven't changed it since we are no programmers, we were just using the tool.
No idea how to fix this. But I do think this is the cause of the problem.

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah this sounds plausible. We haven't changed it since we are no programmers, we were just using the tool.

well then looks like thats the fix unfortunately i have never worked with tables i dont even know how to edit a table or what programs to use to edit the table i assume its a hex editor?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

well then looks like thats the fix unfortunately i have never worked with tables i dont even know how to edit a table or what programs to use to edit the table i assume its a hex editor?
I'm not a programmer, but I think the best fix is to edit the import/export program so that it creates the table correctly.

Reactions: 1 person

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Arras:
The Import Export prog is doing just fine.
It is the Texteditor we have to fix.

THIS: http://www.mediafire.com/?14ai4ua4i8ep45c

The tool has just to update the file table. it is like a LBA recalculation I guess.
But I thought it already does that (according to Falo)

Obviously if you translate text and you have more text than in the original it changes all the offsets of every text occuring after.

If the game tries to read a ofset and finds something it can't handle it freezes. I guess this is the explanation for
people with no programming knowledge like me.

The question now is: Who is gonna fix this?
Because I know that it is not gonna be me.xD

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ Arras:
The Import Export prog is doing just fine.
It is the Texteditor we have to fix.

THIS: http://www.mediafire...14ai4ua4i8ep45c

The tool has just to update the file table. it is like a LBA recalculation I guess.
But I thought it already does that (according to Falo)

Obviously if you translate text and you have more text than in the original it changes all the offsets of every text occuring after.

If the game tries to read a ofset and finds something it can't handle it freezes. I guess this is the explanation for
people with no programming knowledge like me.

The question now is: Who is gonna fix this?
Because I know that it is not gonna be me.xD
I meant the save feature of the text edit program, I just called it export, but yeah. You're going to need a Visual Basic programmer for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe