Hacking Question Dificulties running CFW on my switch

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm having some trouble running any CFW on my switch.
I just bought a brand new switch (and payed attention to the serial) wich came with OFW 2.2.0 (and still is). I want to run a CFW on my console but so far, no success.
I've formated my 16gb SD with FAT32 format and used the pre-configured bundles from https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch of both ReiNX and Atmosphere. I've also tried Kosmos v115 but with no success. I've recorded a video of what happens when I launch CFW Atmosphere https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2gvzcs3o829ttc/video-1544993459.mp4?dl=0
As you can see from the video, I am running Atmosphere CFW (latest version), but when I open the Albums folder, the console crashes. Same thing happens when I use Kosmos instead of Atmosphere, and when I use ReiNX, my console freezes in the splash screen.
Any ideia of what can be causing this? I'm out of options now :S and really need a hand

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Usually, it's just some files missing, wrong folder names or files in the wrong location, like the homebrew launcher app.
But in case of a 2.2.0 firmware it might just as well be some incompatibility.

In case if you used a Mac to copy the files, it somehow sets all the files 'archived' flag.
You can fix that with running the following command from your terminal.
sudo dot_clean /Volumes/<<SDcardname>>
sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/<<SDcardname>>
sudo rm -r /Volumes/<<SDcardname>>/.Trashes/

Since you got ReiNX and Atmosphere up and running, why not upgrade to 6.2?
You can even do that without burning fuses if you find that important.

Reactions: mdmachine

NagiChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same problem. I'm on firmware 2.3
But the problem with upgrading without burning fuses is we need to get access to homebrew to update?
But how can we do that when we can't get into homebrew?

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the problem with upgrading without burning fuses is we need to get access to homebrew to update?
The story of the chicken and the egg xD
I'm considering upgrading to OFW 6.2, and then attempt to instal a CFW. I'll have to sacrifice some fuses though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can use ChoiDujour (non NX) which runs on PC with memloader to flash the new firmware. But you have to make sure not to boot back into OFW accidentally or it will burn fuses anyway.

Reactions: OnnRyuu

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use ChoiDujour (non NX) which runs on PC with memloader to flash the new firmware. But you have to make sure not to boot back into OFW accidentally or it will burn fuses anyway.
I had no idea you could run ChoiDujour on PC. Could you point me to a tutorial? Do you think it would solve the problem that I posted here?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: OnnRyuu

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a question regarding the guide you provided me. Oon step 6 Aquire a fully populated hactool keys file, is this my (extracted) switch keys? Do I need to keep all of them in the file? Or just the SBK and TSEC keys? what is the file extension? .TXT?
It should be prod.keys, I would assume fully populated means you need all of them.

NagiChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SORRY, for step 6, is the prod.key the same as the BISKEY? or is it different?
How did u get the key file? or if someone could help out in length what exactly do i need to do for step 6.
it would be a great help!

Last edited by NagiChan,

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OnnRyuu did you figure out how to get step 6 done? If you dont' mind i need help with it.
I believe I was correct, you have to to that tutorial I indicated to extract the keys.
But now I'm stuck on step 7. I keep getting the error: "Failed to match key 'somethingsomething'"

OnnRyuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OnnRyuu did you figure out how to get step 6 done? If you dont' mind i need help with it.
I have some bad news for you. I found a solution but it is not the best one. I was unable to update my FW using ChoiDujour. I had to buy a used game (Pokemon Lets Go, because it had FW 5.1 with it) and updated through there. I sacrificed some fuses but now I am able to run a CFW. Not the most elegant solution, but its what I managed :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over