Hacking Differences between mpt original, and ISO/DVD copy

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After battling for many hours trying to make metroid prime trilogy to work, I finally did it! ... sort of =/
First of all I never had any problems loading metroid prime 1. My problems were with 2 and 3. I have cios38 rev14 with usb loader gx r844. I downloaded hermes cios222 and installed 222 as 37/38 and 223 as 60/37( or was it 38?). That didnt solve the problem so I tried this method with wiiscrubber and renaming the dol files. Now I can load also metroid prime 2! ... but still cant metroid prime 3.
What I have done is I have left the renamed mp2_p.dol in the root of the sd card. That way if I want to play mp2 I will just choose alternate dol and select that one ( 781 ), and if I want to play mp1 I can just select "default" in alternate dol settings in USB GX, and load it from the menu. I guess I can get just a mp3 corruption ISO, load it and wont experience any farther problems since the original is not dual layer.

I have a question though. Is there a way to get the main menu screens and options? Like to adjust controls, bonuses, select mii, select difficulty, etc ?? Or just loading the game directly is the best one can get when playing the game via a usb ehd?

What are the differences between loading the game from the original retail disc, and from usb external hard drive?

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course the game runs fine from a retail disc, so you could try cIOSCORP3.5 with IOS55 rev13 (Extra installer) to run the game off a burned DVD9. It should work without problems.
From USB you got the problem that the game want's to reload an other IOS. So if this loaded IOS isn't able to read burned discs, you will get an error. Its the same for disc based backup launchers which use cIOS249.

For now the only way to play this game properly is to install a modchip or use cIOSCORP3.5.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the thing is that I dont want to use dvd copies because of slow loading times and lag.
Anyways, I managed to load the game almost perfect, but I had to use wiiflow instead of usb loader gx. So for this game in particular, wiiflow is better than GX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1