Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart>>>>>>>>DKR

Never did like DKR. The game just didnt feel as fast an furious as MK did. And those videos show that the game still looks like is sluggish. I'll play it just for the online factor tho.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE

I just noticed this about Diddy Kong Racings Release Date

IGN says April 5th 2007
Source

and

GameStats says 02/05/07
Source

So take your guess. Hopefully its February.

Edit: This article says February, lol wow IGN must of made a mistake...
Source
Erm IGN says 2nd Feb for US! Europe and AUS DECEMBER!!! What is it with Nintendo screwing us over now? They start doing well but with Starfox, Mario 1 on 1 and Mario Vs DK 2 they're just taking the piss.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes!! Wi-fi racing without snaking. Can't wait!

Cant stand a little bit of competition eh?

Yes!! Wi-fi racing without snaking. Can't wait!

I really really hope so. Id be completely fair
biggrin.gif
(well kinda)
Games are never "fair". Theres always going to be people that excel against the people that suck.
DKR will be no exeption
cool.gif

And their is "snaking" which you should be able to do with the hoverdraft to add some excitement into the game rather than holding down A and steering.

Didnt anyone play DKR competativly?
To go faster in the car you had to tap A like crazy. That game had some mechanics faults...
dry.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diddy Kong Racing was my favorite racing game of all time. Nostalgia, and now it has Wifi? Everyone here who stands inmy way will NOT be spared! FEAR THE WRATH OF TIPTUP!

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So from what I hear they really screwed this port up. They force a bunch of gimmicky stylus controls on you, like instead of just timing the gas button to get a boost at the start of the race, you have to rub the screen a bunch, or much worse; for the hovercraft you have to blow in the mic. They replaced the coin challenges with this mode where you fly around the coarse wherever you want in first person with stylus controls just popping balloons. Boss fights are now just drawing lines and spinning a wheel on the touch screen.
The stylus boosting looks good, IMO... but the hovercraft blowing into the mic.. WTF? NO WAY. And the boss fights had better not be lame.

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I LOVED the N64 original vers...

So long as this isn't gimmicky, it'll be a GREAT game! I hope that ALL the multiplayer modes will be included with WiFi. There was this one mode where you'd have to swoop in and grab eggs with your plane and land them in your own nest. 4 Players was just too crazy!

Can't Wait!

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah im lookin forward to this game a lot too....i played the n64 one inside and out and completed every single thing you could do in that game back in the day. at the time i had liked it better than mario kart 64 just b/c there was so much more to do and the character models were so much better looking.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol yeah..oh well :\ may purchase either an ez5 or an r4...lookin through reviews to see which one i'd go with..i usually stick with ez products but the r4 is looking sweet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night