Did you have a C64?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We had one. Loved the thing. Also had a Vic 20 and an Odyssey2. We had so many games. Jumpman and Space Taxi were some of my faves.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
It was my brother's, I was like 3 or 4 back in those days.
He used to write on the title side of each tape, name of that tape (with his own coding name called CBM ##, not with hand writing, using some kind of ruler that had alphabets inside it so you could write like prints) and he had this gray colored note book which had a page for each alphabet and wrote every game in those tapes in that note book so it would be easy to find up where which game is located. NOW I understand how he was with games, but these days? he's dead about games, says to me to play my DS just on bus and on road and dont waste my time when I'm home on gaming.
Hope I dont get that way.
Its all started with Diskette games, that I used to get 99% games and he would just look and play a little, so little and I was a guru at diskette games that days, ... too much to tell.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
still have mine and NOTHING can compete with the love of Last Ninja II that I have.

Recently I connected my laptop and use VICE to play Last Ninja II on TV! with 8bin sound through TV, It was all tears in the eyes for me.
here some pix for you:

(there are some videos, but cant upload with dial up)

We had alot of C64 tapes which each had like 30 games and I was used to play them all in linear mode, one after another ...

and since this year is Last Ninja II's 20th anniversary, I was planning to write and do something big. shhh. maybe Hadrian could help if he's enthusiasticosmatics.

Last Ninja 2 had the best music I've ever heard on the C64. Its was a great game as well. I nearly cried when I played the Last Ninja 2 Remix. They ruined the music, why they ever remixed it all I'll never know.

pandas0nic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The c64 still continues to amaze me, mainly because of the C64 demoscene which is still very very active, plulling off tricks like 3d engines, bump mapping, various shaded styles of vectors, voxels, the list goes on, not to mention pushing the awesome sid chip to its limits with new filter methods and more.

I'm tempted to say "but you guys wouldnt know about that because all you do is play games all day" but this is a gaming forum so i'll refrain, oh wait...

Anyway here is an example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UyvLSuChvNc&feature=related

Remember, this is running on a proccessor that clocks at ~1Mhz, yes ONE, with only 64k ram available, on hardware that is nearly 30 years old! ... if you showed this stuff to coders back in 85 i would have loved to have seen their jaws drop
smile.gif

I hope you are able to appreciate the skills of these guys.

PapiChulo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Way of the exploding fists
Karateka
M.U.L.E.
Below the Root
Bruce Lee
Strip Poker
Farmers Daughter
Mail Order Monsters
Crush, Crumble Chomp
Raid Over Moscow
Temple/Gateway to Apshai

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My dad had all kind of those computers, ABC80, VIC , C64/128, and some others, as i wasn't born in that era, i didn't play them.
but we've hooked 'em up a couple of times, and he've showed me them, and i've played around with them and tried them, especially the C128 (which he had/has ALOT of pirated games for
tongue.gif
probably almost all which was released, several 100s)

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He used to write on the title side of each tape, name of that tape (with his own coding name called CBM ##, not with hand writing, using some kind of ruler that had alphabets inside it so you could write like prints) and he had this gray colored note book which had a page for each alphabet and wrote every game in those tapes in that note book so it would be easy to find up where which game is located.
I did something very similar in my Amiga (500) days: The disks were numbered and I'd have a corresponding notebook, in which I'd write the content of each disk. With pencils, because it changed so often. Disks were expensive. Can you believe that I paid ten Deutschmarks for ten 1.44 MB disks back then?

And yes, I did have a C64, before I bought my first Amiga 500. Then 500 plus. Skipped the 1200 and went straight for an Amiga 4000/030. And then I went nuts and bought a 060 CPU for the Amiga 4000 and another Amiga 2000 to host my BBS (/X rules supreme!). But that's a whole different story, sorry for the nostalgic threadjack. Amiga-thread, anybody?

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i did when i was very young, i already had a nes back then and the C64 was getting outdated, a loved Little computer Peole (that wa on C64 right?) and also i used to play a game that i never found on rom you played a cat, could jump REALLY high and had 9 lives
wink.gif
if somene can get me that game i'd be happy to revisit it
smile.gif
, wizball was awesome too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...