Did Team Cyclops die or something?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Link5084, Dec 31, 2011.

Dec 31, 2011
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    It's been seven months since we last heard anything from them. No update on a 3DS flashcart whatsoever and I'm fed up with this. What happened with them?

2. chrisrlink

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    if i recall the ievo still works on SU 3.0-6 on the 3ds maybe wrong though i used to have an evo but not an ievo

3. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Only in DSi-mode, which only supports games that have their DSi-data dumped properly.
    I assume they'd be working on a 3DS-mode flashcard.
    The last time they dissapeared like this, they came back with a DSi-mode flashcard.

4. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    NO 3DS mode flashcart has been released.

Don't get your hopes too high either way.

Seriously, even if they were working on a 3DS mode flashcart, what makes you even think they would tell us about it and be met with suspicion and insults, like the Crown3DS (which may or may not be real)

5. Skream

Newcomer Skream Newbie

Korea, North
    Yes, TeamCyclops is in fact 'dead'. They have pretty much decided to stop supporting the evo/ievo carts. Your best bet is to wait for someone else to release 3rd party firmware upgrades. For the moment you can purchase the original R4 card for dirt cheap and then flash Wood firmware onto it. If there is no outside support then your best option is to obviously purchase a new flashcart, I would recommend the SuperCardDSTWO.

6. Majorami

Banned Majorami Banned

United States
    Dead or not. the Evo/iEvo's firmware still supports 99% of all roms. From the point of Cyclo's last update to the last rom released, there maybe be only 4, 5, or 6 games tops worth playing so its not like you're missing out on anything since Monster Tale's release.

I can only imagine their iEvo didn't do so well on so they stopped supporting it. As much as I love them, its their fault for poor sales on the account of taking until the end of the DS lifecycle to release the only DSi mode Cart, and then pricing it at an outrageous price. $45-$50 might have been acceptable in 2008 when it's competition were at those prices, but in 2010 when flashcart prices were $5-$20, the iEvo did't stand a chance. I mean who the hell wants to play camera games anyways? The DSi only games were crap, and the DSi-enhanced games just took your picture. Only Pokemon 5 had a neat camera concept, but was ruined with its 3 frames per second quality.

Still, its nice to imagine that they'll come back with a 3DS flashcart. I really want to go back to supporting TC again. My DSTwo might be just as competant, but its UI is shit-ugly.

7. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Epic thread bump: I just noticed after 3 years of inactivity the cyclops website is finally down :tpi:

riyaz likes this.
  8. Technicmaster0

Member Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Wut dats not possible!
    Maybe it'll be back in a few weeks like the forum was the last time.

9. Keylogger

Member Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

France
    They will be back with a new CycloWiz 2 :lol:

cearp likes this.
  10. rac

Newcomer rac Newbie

United States
    say it ain't so :ohnoes:

11. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    The should at least have released there source for there FW so someone could fix it for DSi 1.4.5

12. Pluupy

Member Pluupy Woof!

United States
    What a shame. I really liked Cyclo's support and device. The flashcart has a strong quality feel in comparison to the DStwo literally encased in cheap plastic held together by a tiny screw. (My screw already fell off and i always have to resnap the face together) It's sad to see a good dev team go.

Technicmaster0 likes this.