Hacking Did something wrong switching from rxtools to luma3ds

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
RED solid screen means it cannot find the payload it is searching for. You might have the guide change your payload into less.3dsx or WHATEVER else, most people back in L33T homemenu booter times (me included) made it so that the 9.2 Homemenu payload loaded NOT boot.3dsx but something like boob.3dsx, tits.3dsx, cute.3dsx or whatever, as long as it was 4 letters long you could hex edit the homemenu payload to boot something else, this way keeping easy access to homebrew, which is useful, and keeping the CFW booter separate from that.

Reactions: xyxa

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nevermind. It worked. Now I have to learn how to use ctr boot manager, so I can update it with starupdater.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I turn on my 3ds it goes into the grid launcher. Then I have to select luma. Then it goes into the 3ds menu. Is there a way to make it boot straight into the 3ds menu when I turn on the 3ds?

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to go back to rxtools. Reasons:

1. When I turn my 3ds on, it doesn't go straight to the system menu like rxtools did. Instead it goes to grid launcher, then from there you have to tap on luma.

2. Can't access sysnand to install gba games.

3. Sometimes tapping on luma doesn't load the system menu. Just a black screen. Have to turn off the 3ds and try again.

D

Deleted-379826

1. When I turn my 3ds on, it doesn't go straight to the system menu like rxtools did. Instead it goes to grid launcher, then from there you have to tap on luma.

3. Sometimes tapping on luma doesn't load the system menu. Just a black screen. Have to turn off the 3ds and try again.
1. Possible to do that

2. Possible to do that

3. Same with RXmode xD

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. use a boot manager as boot.3dsx, or use lesshax or something. can be done. easily. its how most people without a9lh do it.
2. i think thats done by holding r while loading luma
3. hax entrypoints arent very stable. menuhax autobooting any cfw on my wifes n3ds only worked for me about 1/3rd of the time. she never had it fail though

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

What entry points are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.