Hacking Did I receive a faulty MicroSD Card Reader with my Acekard2 i?

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's what happened..I was taking out my Micro SD Card from the Card Reader after putting some stuff onto it. When I pulled it out from the device, I noticed the green little chip inside the Card Reader coming out of it..It came out almost as far as the Micro SD Card was sticking out.

I dunno if it's faulty or if it is suppose to do that or what. To me it sounds like that little chip inside the SD Card Reader is loose or something. I emailed Acekard's contact information last night, am still waiting for a response.

This is the device I'm talking about if nobody figured it out.

120tb2w.jpg

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Dunno whether you received a faulty one or not, but these readers aren't built to last.

I have just purchased a Transcend card reader, they are really cheap to buy, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if yours was faulty (apart from the inconvenience of replacing it)

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i have the exact same one. seriously don't use it..
i screwed up my 2gb sandisk with it.....

and if i use the reader on anyone elses USB slot, the microSD will get F'd up... not exaggerating. mines seriously retarded.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Every free one I have ever had with any AceKard 2i has been faulty. They are just very cheap throwins. Best thing to do is use the one that come with your microSD card. Example - my Kingston 2gb came with a microSD to SD adapter - I then put that into the SD reader I have for my camera.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have two of those and it works wonders. I got one with my M3 Simply and another with my Acekard 2. The one with my M3 Simply looks like that. The case of the MicroSD reader is somewhat translucent right? I dropped it once & the case broke in half exposing the green motherboard which the green you're seeing. I taped it up and it worked fine; mine didn't stick out like that though. Although I prefer the one that came with my AK2 since it had a much darker case and better build. I use that every time I need access to a MicroSD.

Nevertheless, you're better off buying an another one.

Actually now that I look at it, it seems that the top cap is incorrect. The two that I own have different size caps. If were to switch the caps, the M3 Simply one would like the one you have. Sorry about that.

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have one of those and never use it, like previous users said it's not all that reliable

just buy a new one from a retail store, or you can find some cheap ones on ebay or your favorite online shopping site.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most are brandless, though... or do you guys have branded ones in the US? I would really like one made by a reliable company such as LG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?