Hacking Did i get ripped????

srinag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up a brand new wii running 3.2u, which ran games through backup launcher.
Once i hooked it up to da TV i checked out the wireless internet feature in it. The second i set
up the connection it asked me if i want to update it, but i did NOT, i repeat i did NOT update it.
I continued playing and few minutes later it stopped working, the red power light would turn green
only if i press the power button like 30 times and even then nothing appears on screen, its blank.
I took it back the guy from whom i bought it and he says i shudn't have connected it to the internet, thats y
it got spoilt......
Is it true????? a wii runnin 3.2U and backup launcher should not be connected to the internet????

If that is true then how can i repair it?

srinag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sending it back to nintendo is not an option....
I live in India and there is no nintendo service center here.

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
same .. 3.2U always connected to the internet , i even play online.

edit: also just to add to that i don't think that even if you actually updated from 3.2 to the newest it would do anything , it certainly DOES NOT brick your wii ..

srinag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is it a hardware problem????
the green light comes on if i press it like 20 to 30 times and even then there is no display on screen...

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats nt true if you didnt update nintendo did not implement an auto update & even if you updated to 3.4 theres ways to downgrade back to 3.2 he just sold you a bad wii & you should get your money back or go through the forums im sure someone will help you fix the problem & i play online games & im on 3.2u softmii

srinag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feararrow said:
no nintendo service center in india but i know aguy in chennai who does all the servicing stuff for all consoles

crap.... its a complete waste then. Not worth sending it to chennai for repair and back again. It will cost a bomb......
tks anyways man.
I really wish there is some simple solution to this.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
menage730 said:
thats nt true if you didnt update nintendo did not implement an auto update & even if you updated to 3.4 theres ways to downgrade back to 3.2 he just sold you a bad wii & you should get your money back or go through the forums im sure someone will help you fix the problem & i play online games & im on 3.2u softmii

Nintendo Have Not Inplemented An Auto Update/Forced Update Feature In Any Version Of The System Menu

They changed the wording of the EULA to make it clearer what was already in there, they did not actually change the meaning. It's just ppl didn't notice it until Wiibrew poiunted out the re-wording. That clause is legal cover for server side updates

Back on topic. It definitely sounds like the power button is on it's way out, but are you sure you haven't changed the video settings to something your TV can't handle? I know it sounds stupid but with the line of bull you were sold about it being hooked up to the net it would be easy to forget

srinag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
menage730 said:

Nintendo Have Not Inplemented An Auto Update/Forced Update Feature In Any Version Of The System Menu

They changed the wording of the EULA to make it clearer what was already in there, they did not actually change the meaning. It's just ppl didn't notice it until Wiibrew poiunted out the re-wording. That clause is legal cover for server side updates

Back on topic. It definitely sounds like the power button is on it's way out, but are you sure you haven't changed the video settings to something your TV can't handle? I know it sounds stupid but with the line of bull you were sold about it being hooked up to the net it would be easy to forget

Na, i dint change any settings and i tried it on 2 diff screens and it still dint work......... i just wanna kno if this a hardware issue or a software issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei5hC8ahLoc