Gaming Did i get a good deal, or bum deal?

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after some massive frustration from my japanese wii(4 months of it being semi-bricked and me with no money to buy a burner + DVD to burn brick blocker)
As well as me needing to go downstairs for each little thing outside of games for when working the menu.

i bought the japanese wii pre-hacked with wiikey v.unknown(updated to 1.9 now though) for $200 with no games, and only the bare essentials.

The guy who sold it seemed rather eager to be rid of it for reasons unknown, but have i been gypped/lucked out?

Jasonage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically he bought a new Wii pre-hacked with a wii chip for $200. It seems like a good deal, seeing as wii's over here are £180 ($360).

I really would get a burner, as DVD/CD are getting cheaper all the time.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii's are originally over $250 here brand new.

The wii you got isn't too bad. The bad side though, you don' know how long he's used the wii for. The laser could be wearing off, but I doubt that. I'm not too updated with wii modchips, but isn't the wiikey a bit outdated?

india3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
sounds like a good deal to me, and the wiikey is ok for you, though i'm getting yaosm. but $200 is definitely worth it, unless there's something not working in the internals...

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
As longs as it works fine, then a great deal
biggrin.gif

If you're in doubt and think you'd rather have one new, you'd get the same plus some extra selling it again near to christmas.

So just chill for now, have a play and you'll know yourself whether it was a good deal or not.

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i was uncertain for a while since it didnt play some games
frown.gif

And the ones it did had massive problems, but recently i found out that i needed to use booktyping, so now it works great! So sounds like it was a good deal....but is wiikey really outdated?
frown.gif

radionds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are lucky guys.
Here in Brazil, the wii's price hit 2000 reais(R$2000) , more or less 840 dollars($840).

new2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
radionds said:
You are lucky guys.
Here in Brazil, the wii's price hit 2000 reais(R$2000) , more or less 840 dollars($840).

I'll sell you mine for that and include the shipping...lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m