Hardware Did I brick my o3ds?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the file, I put Godmode9 and all of its contents in the luma/payload folder? Or just the the Godmode9.firm? @TurdPooCharger , will do.

The 3ds is prior to 11.7 update, I will see which one.

You only need the .firm file. Check the GM9 folder if you have any nand backup, file should be name something like nand.bin.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't sound like fastboot, fastboot defaults to a menu when it doesn't find a firm.

OP what was your setup like before the issue? do you recall installing boot9/a9lh? I'm wondering if you have a9lh, which would require arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of the sd card.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't sound like fastboot, fastboot defaults to a menu when it doesn't find a firm.

OP what was your setup like before the issue? do you recall installing boot9/a9lh? I'm wondering if you have a9lh, which would require arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of the sd card.

He has no idea since he bought it off someone else.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the file, I put Godmode9 and all of its contents in the luma/payload folder? Or just the the Godmode9.firm? @TurdPooCharger , will do.

The 3ds is prior to 11.7 update, I will see which one.

The one with the gm9 folder stays in the root of the SD card.

In the luma folder, I think the one that's with the s is the correct one: payloads

You can try troubleshooting. Check out both the Black screen on SysNAND boot and Clear Home Menu extdata.

If neither of those two above works, do you have a backed up SysNAND to recover from?

If not, you'll need to resort to CTRTransfer.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm maybe someone can recommend (those with a9lh, i went from menuhax to fastboot) the last version of luma that ran on a9lh to test. I don't want to recommend something beta that may not work either.

filipecapela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, yes, I have the nand backup. There was already a godmode9.firm in the luma/payloads folder. But I downloaded the latest one and agreed to overwrite the other.

I bought this 3ds already hacked, so idk which method the guy did.

I just downloaded the boot9strap, and I will do the steps in the 3ds.hacks.guide website

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, yes, I have the nand backup. There was already a godmode9.firm in the luma/payloads folder. But I downloaded the latest one and agreed to overwrite the other.

I bought this 3ds already hacked, so idk which method the guy did.

I just downloaded the boot9strap, and I will do the steps in the 3ds.hacks.guide website

Can you take extra precaution before you decide using SysNAND or CTRTranfer? It has to regard with your SD card.

1. Copy everything off your SD card and set it aside on your computer.
  2. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. You may need use guiformat if the card is bigger than 32 GB.
  3. With the card empty, run a Full Write + Verify Test using H2testw.
  4. If the test checks out, copy everything back to your card before deciding to use SysNAND Restore (Safe) or CTRTransfer.

In the off chance your card is fake or defective, you can end up bricking your 3DS because of corrupt data on that card. Let's avoid that possibility.

filipecapela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed that I don't have anything in the "desktop" of the 3ds, no settings, no games, no apps at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Sophie-bear i dont have fastboot, because HOME + POWER did nothing

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Hayato213,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm copying my sd card, and I'm going to format like @TurdPooCharger said it. @Hayato213 do I use CTR Transfer after or before the finalizing part of 3ds.hacks.guide?

Do the finalizing step before CTRTransfer. If you have that SysNAND backup saved somewhere, resort to restoring with this first. If SysNAND Restore (Safe) doesn't work, you try CTRTransfer 11.5. If that also doesn't work still, you try CTRTransfer with 9.6.0.

And then for good measures (if your 3DS works again), back up your SysNAND again (if it's the only known good and working copy).

Reactions: Hayato213

filipecapela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm back. I can't continue the "finalizing setup", because everytime I try to open "download play", the 3ds freezes. Actually everytime I try to open anything in the home screen the 3ds freezes. I restored my backup, but the problem seems to follow.

By the way, I got the default apps, using Godmode9, with the "Remove exdata", but nothing works.

I would like to clean install everything, but I don't have a flashcard (I bought last week, its still on its way). Is it possible, without a flashcard?
What if I update my 3ds? But I can't access the settings.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm back. I can't continue the "finalizing setup", because everytime I try to open "download play", the 3ds freezes. Actually everytime I try to open anything in the home screen the 3ds freezes. I restored my backup, but the problem seems to follow.

By the way, I got the default apps, using Godmode9, with the "Remove exdata", but nothing works.

I would like to clean install everything, but I don't have a flashcard (I bought last week, its still on its way). Is it possible, without a flashcard?
What if I update my 3ds? But I can't access the settings.

Fall back on updating through Recovery Mode.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this online and tried, but nothing happens, I got black screen.

Can you verify your WiFi is turned off when navigating and launching titles at HOME Menu?

If it's on, try turning it off with HOME Menu Design (top left corner at the bottom screen) -or- Rosalina Menu (L-shoulder + down dpad + Select) > System configuration... > Toggle Wireless.

See if you crash with WiFi turned off.

Use this guide to take off and reseat your WiFi module.
The old series 3DS and 2DS are prone to boot issues when this is loosen.

If the WiFi module reseating trick doesn't work, you're not left with much options left.

Maybe you need to update your boot9strap if your's older than v1.3?

Perhaps your onboard NAND chip is damaged or dying?

A way to test this:

1. On a spare SD card, create an EmuNAND with 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator using the SysNAND *.bin image you have.
  2. Make a custom firmware test setup using the files from the archive found here.
  3. With that card in the 3DS, hold (Select) to go to Luma3DS Configuration, and select (x) Autoboot EmuNAND and (x) Show NAND or user string in System Settings.
  4. Go to System Settings. If you're able to access it, you should see something like (example) Emu 11.7.0-41E on the top screen's bottom right corner.
  5. You can try updating on your EmuNAND, create a backup image of it, and then restore your SysNAND with the EmuNAND image.

Lazarus3DS is your last software recovery method. This one requires you to scavenge the required copyright files to pull it off.

filipecapela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm back, I tried everything, but the 3ds is still the same. Can't load settings or games. The only thing I didn't try was Lazarus3DS, but I have no clue how to start, I found no tutorial about it. It must be really hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...