Did I brick my 3in1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Inunah, May 7, 2010.

May 7, 2010

Did I brick my 3in1? by Inunah at 9:38 PM (739 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Well, I had just put some games on my R4, and since I have Wood R4 I sometimes overestimate where I poke and poke the wrong game's icon... This time, I poked an icon I thought was a .nds game... And sometimes when it takes a long time to load (if it already has a save file) I turn my DS off and back on and try again (So far doing that had NOT affected the R4 in any way). This time, it was taking a LOOOONG time and I shut it off. When I turned it back on, I noticed that my power was getting low so I decided on a GBA game (The only game I had at the time that didn't have long times between save points was a GBA game) instead. This time, when I try to load the gba game it does the GBA logo thing but 'nintendo' isn't at the bottom.
    I think it's strange, so I turn off the DS, eject the card, and go to play the game I had in the NOR, but when I get to the DS menu it says there's nothing in the slot 2. I turn off the system, put the R4 back in, and try booting the 3in1 from there, but it says there's nothing in slot 2.

Did I brick it?
    Also, is there ANY way to reverse this problem? I'm still not sure my mom will shell out about $12-$20 for another..... D:

2. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Given the fact that the 3in1 has no internal firmware, I don't even think it's possible to brick one. Try flashing something else to NOR and see if it will keep it.

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The bricking would be only tempory, since you can only write to the NOR and SRAM. If it is related to the SRAM, you only need to disconnect the battery and reconnect it for a fix. If the issue is with NOR, you will need to use something else to overwrite it to fix it.

4. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    ....I dunno.

Hmm.. Maybe I bricked my slot 2 instead of the 3in1. I'll go check.

EDIT: 3in1 DOESN'T work in a different DS. Regular games work in my DS. So it's just the 3in1.

By now i'm thinking it tried to overwrite the NOR..... Because I think it was trying to start a game as large as Mother 3 (Well, out of what was on the screen for me to accidentally pick it was NDS, NDS, GBA, NDS, so I suppose it was a .gba game like that), and I KNOW Mother 3 needed to be flashed to NOR to play it. I also don't have any external devices capable of overwriting it. And I don't know anything about the internal parts of the 3in1, so I don't think i'll fool with that shit.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Some people are having problems with mother3 because of where they got the thing, being slightly bigger than the 32MB can hold for loaderless mode. This is where having a flashcart with a loader has it's advantages.