OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I had just put some games on my R4, and since I have Wood R4 I sometimes overestimate where I poke and poke the wrong game's icon... This time, I poked an icon I thought was a .nds game... And sometimes when it takes a long time to load (if it already has a save file) I turn my DS off and back on and try again (So far doing that had NOT affected the R4 in any way). This time, it was taking a LOOOONG time and I shut it off. When I turned it back on, I noticed that my power was getting low so I decided on a GBA game (The only game I had at the time that didn't have long times between save points was a GBA game) instead. This time, when I try to load the gba game it does the GBA logo thing but 'nintendo' isn't at the bottom.
I think it's strange, so I turn off the DS, eject the card, and go to play the game I had in the NOR, but when I get to the DS menu it says there's nothing in the slot 2. I turn off the system, put the R4 back in, and try booting the 3in1 from there, but it says there's nothing in slot 2.

Did I brick it?
Also, is there ANY way to reverse this problem? I'm still not sure my mom will shell out about $12-$20 for another..... D:

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given the fact that the 3in1 has no internal firmware, I don't even think it's possible to brick one. Try flashing something else to NOR and see if it will keep it.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
....I dunno.

Hmm.. Maybe I bricked my slot 2 instead of the 3in1. I'll go check.

EDIT: 3in1 DOESN'T work in a different DS. Regular games work in my DS. So it's just the 3in1.

By now i'm thinking it tried to overwrite the NOR..... Because I think it was trying to start a game as large as Mother 3 (Well, out of what was on the screen for me to accidentally pick it was NDS, NDS, GBA, NDS, so I suppose it was a .gba game like that), and I KNOW Mother 3 needed to be flashed to NOR to play it. I also don't have any external devices capable of overwriting it. And I don't know anything about the internal parts of the 3in1, so I don't think i'll fool with that shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh