Did anyone ordered a powerbank?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Yil, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    According to several sources a generic 10w power bank cannot even keep the switch from battery drain. And the non-reenfoced cable won't be able to handle that charge either.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    migles is happy because uses the fucking standarm usb plug like every device nowadays
    migles is sad because: it requires too much power\special specs that the usb deal is kinda broken

we can't have perfect things :(

3. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    nope and wasnt planning on it.
    And as said in other threads countless of times. You need more power then your normal usb.
    Start looking into latpop usb-c chargers.

4. omgcat

omgcat GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2009
    United States
  5. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    There are reports that some 5V 3A (per port) ones will slowly charge while playing. Anker and Ravpower have them. But ideally one that matches the 15v 2.6A of the AC charger should be used for optimal performance.

Best to wait a week or two for those with the proper meters to test models out because powebanks don't always actually deliver what the specs say they do.

6. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    USB-C to USB-C 5v3a power banks will charge while playing. $30 to $40 for the low end at 10000mAH.

7. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    I had a 20V 2.25A which I previously thought to be 9V 5A. Razer is making a 45w usb c power bank For Razer blade stealth and My pd 2.0 can regulate power to something the switch can hopefully handle.

8. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Happy to report my iPad Pro 29W fast charger with an Apple USB C-C lead seems to charge the Switch faster than I imagined it would.
    I'm getting around 10% increase in battery level in 15 mins whilst playing Zelda so happy with that.