Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, this is big news!
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this!

There's just one thing I'm confused on and that is...
WON'T: It's not going to be a warez loader. You will need to own (or at least possess) the games you wish to run. I don't plan to ask for any donations, although at some point if there's a particular game that someone wants fixed I might have to insist they provide it or at least the means for me to get it; I'm not going to fork out for a copy of MGS from my own pocket, for example.
How is it going to prevent someone from loading warez? Is it going to require you to have the disk in the drive in order to load it?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This is an amazing project, thank you very much! :D
You will need to own (or at least possess) the games you wish to run.
Do they have to be fully functional? Some of my games are scratched to the point where they freeze at random, but they can all start up. I swear, my discs get scratched even if nobody touches them, lol.

I don't plan to ask for any donations, although at some point if there's a particular game that someone wants fixed I might have to insist they provide it or at least the means for me to get it; I'm not going to fork out for a copy of MGS from my own pocket, for example.
I hope you set up a donation link. I don't have much money (it's hard to find a job when you can't drive), but the fact that you aren't demanding "donations" for releases is something I'm glad to hear.

Reactions: 1 person

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is great news. I cant wait to see how this turns out. Do the games in the fully working list all play at 100% speed, even in cut scenes and stuff?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's not April 1st yet...

EDIT: As for the donation, I will gladly donate if it means fixes and updates.

EDIT2: If Melee works flawlessly on this, I'm donating $50 the first chance I get.

EDIT3: COLLOSEUM!?! You are my hero.

EDIT4: You must be a Nintendo dev if you got a chainloader disc to work (Zelda Collector's Edition).

Reactions: 2 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It's not going to be a warez loader? How you going to manage that? We have to dump our own games with your loader? I hope not, because I've downloaded images for all my old gamecube disks. A few of them are scratched to hell and unplayable as it is

Oh god I can see the end already. Someone cracks whatever anti piracy you have in mind for use with pirated copies, epic drama ensues and you leave the scene forever. Every time.

Reactions: 5 people

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Heh, I liked how at the beggining of the loading of games there's a "Hello World!".
Good luck with the project, seems like you have a pretty complete app already.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will definitely donate as well.
Very very nice work on this.
I understand doing Anti Piracy on Wii games.
But for gamecube games, they are old and hard to find now these days.
And for us that own original gamecube games are really scratched up and unplayable. So I hope you think about this.

Reactions: 5 people

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is great.
You won´t need memory cards right?

Respect replacing GCN controllers completely, I don´t think it will work for games that use analog shoulders like R: Racing Evolution, Super Mario Sunshine, Rogue Leader, to name a few.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't quite understand this...is this like DML but with what everyone wants like USB storage and bluetooth access?

If so rock on. I'm hoping you the best. You wii devs never stop amazing me. I just asked my wife the other day what else is left. We have everything we need from a hacking standpoint.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i don't quite understand this...is this like DML but with what everyone wants like USB storage and bluetooth access?
Yes, except (as I understand it) you will need to have the original disc in the drive, and you don't have to pay him (more impressive because he could legally charge you, unlike with DML). He is doing this for the community and (I assume) because he enjoys it, not so he can make money.
No, that's not the anti piracy. The entire project has next to no point if you need to keep the original disk inserted. He already said that some of the aims of the project are SD/USB loading and getting rid of "those crappy little discs"

I actually can't fathom any sort of antipiracy you could do with this except to only let the loader use games that it has been dumped with. And that seems rather easy to get around.

Reactions: 1 person

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, except (as I understand it) you will need to have the original disc in the drive, and you don't have to pay him (more impressive because he could legally charge you, unlike with DML). He is doing this for the community and (I assume) because he enjoys it, not so he can make money.
No, that's not the anti piracy. The entire has next to no point if you need to keep the original disk inserted. He already said that some of the aims of the project are SD/USB loading and getting rid of "those crappy little discs"

I actually can't fathom any sort of antipiracy you could do with this except to only let the loader use games that it has been dumped with. And that seems rather easy to get around.
Lol, are you TRYING to discourage this project?

I believe we don't have too much info to know what are the anti-pitracy measures. We know that tueidj is a good coder and probably know what Midna is saying.

P.S: Joostin, we know you don't like DML, but this isn't the place to bash it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, that's not the anti piracy. The entire has next to no point if you need to keep the original disk inserted. He already said that some of the aims of the project are SD/USB loading and getting rid of "those crappy little discs"

Lol, are you TRYING to discourage this project?
Lol, are you TRYING to convince people this project isn't worth using before the OP can even clarify by spreading misinformation that it will only load disks from the drive? Especially since even glancing over the first post would have told you that's not true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1