1. tmv_josue

tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Why not? he is a hacker that before worked with the TT.

Yes, I'm pretty sure is like that.

I'm not talking about of higher resolution, I mean video quality, with composite or components the signal is analogic, instead, with HDMI is digital and uncompressed resulting in a bit better quality.

2. Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Speaking of HDMI on Wii U, that reminds me - I think I've found the best reason for why Devolution should support Gecko Codes:

biolizard89 and tmv_josue like this.
  3. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

I think @g4jek8j54 pretty much said it all. Even if tueidj isn't a member of TT or f0 there's a good chance he has a fair amount of their trust, he's more likely to be able to get an improved HBC installer than any other devs on the Wii scene. He might even have crediar's exploit... I wouldn't put it past him to have his own IOS exploit either, as far as I can gather from following the development of Devolution he's quite secretive (in fact I was surprised to see any news about DevolUtion at all before it was ready). Another point to take from the secrecy is that he could have been sitting on a very basic implementation of controller emulation for a while, a feature that could have just been shelved in favour of more relevant updates.

My "what" was in response to the lack of relevance your statement had. Whether there's any GC input or not is irrelevant, just like the fact that there's no chance of disc verification. The whole point of the video was to show that Devolution will still work on Wii U, the rest of the stuff just needs to be worked around.

4. themanuel

themanuel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    YPbPr signals are of very high quality. The digital signal through HDMI would not necessarily be better. Take a look here, as an example.

Nintendo once again failed to go the extra mile for their customers. With the Wii, they had "GCN Mode", instead of providing support for GCN through the Wii hardware, providing access to internal memory, classic controllers, etc. Now they do the same with "Wii Mode" and deprive users of the option of higher resolution rendered graphics, as Dolphin does.

5. Masked

Masked GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone have the devolution r160 source zip? Seems Configurable USB Loader currently doesn't work with the r168 loader.bin, and I heard replacing it with the r160 loader.bin fixes the problem...

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I think an apology on my behalf is in place here (also at tmv_josue and McHaggis). I didn't know that. Nor that the video was, in fact, uploaded by tueidj himself. As such, I made the wrong assumption on the video.

Sorry about that.

McHaggis likes this.
  7. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Gambia, The
    Who would have guessed.
    I think the last (and possibly only) time nintendo had a compability mode improve on something were the colour schemes for the (2bit greyscale) GameBoy Games

8. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Google code page? Devolution is not open source, there is no (official) google code page. Maybe someone else set one up, but there is no official one, for sure. Google Code rules state that any project hosted there must be open source, and tueidj has reported numerous projects for violating that rule before, he's not going to do it himself.

9. d.d.d.

d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

Then I guess this isn't his page or if it was he no longer uses it because it's not open source (didn't know that). https://code.google.com/p/devolution/feeds

(edit) ((only checked alert post, missed reply about r159 text not being updated...))

10. Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Perhaps the Google Code page is for something in the future, maybe once tueidj feels Devolution is feature-complete and has no known bugs?

As for r168, we already spoke about it back when it was first discovered; it fixed the GBA-link bug present in r160, has the "back" function work while selecting a game in the sample loader, and finally made TimeSplitters: Future Perfect work perfectly (before it wouldn't even launch).

11. biolizard89

biolizard89 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I concur, Gecko cheat code support in Devolution would be awesome. (I'm the author of the stereo 3D hack.)

What would be really nice would be if tueidj would place a TCP socket read/write function (basically what he's using for the wifi debug logging) at a specific location in memory and allow Gecko codes to branch to it using a C0 code type. In combination with GeckoTunnel, this would allow playing GameCube games online without the USB Gecko which GeckoTunnel normally requires. (I would happily write the C0 code and add the relevant support to GeckoTunnel.)

MassiveRican, McHaggis and tmv_josue like this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Does anybody here have a copy of the r160 source file? I need it to run this in Cfg Loader?

13. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Cote d'Ivoire
    There's the loader.bin, I'm not sure if it's r160 or r168, but it works flawlessly in USB Loader GX :)

14. toss01

toss01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

yeah think something is definitely wrong with config, guess it just isn't updated to handle the latest r168

shame but people can only do what they can in their free time

15. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Yeah, WiiFlow had to do some adjustment for r168 to work properly. I'm not sure which other ones may have or not have been adjusted.

16. greenchili

greenchili Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for this.. After digging my games that I know have streaming audio issues out of the closet I gave it a go and had a pretty decent success rate. Got it running in USB Loader GX as well.

Alien Hominid -> Eventually locks no matter what I try.

Geist, Starfox Adventures, Super Monkey Ball, and Super Monkey Ball 2 seem to work great. Still need to dig out 1080 Avalanche.

Is there a list somewhere of games that use streaming audio?

17. Maxternal

I'm sure it's not a complete list but there's a pretty good list on the DM(L) Game Issues Wiki.

18. greenchili

greenchili Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok thanks. I have a good many of those games that I can test on devolution. I'll have to dig 'em out of the closet. :lol:

19. greenchili

greenchili Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Tested the following games and they work ok..

1080 Avalanche
    Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex - Sometimes talking would drop out.
    Crazy Taxi
    Eternal Darkness
    Mario Superstar Baseball
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Tak and the Power of Juju

Doesn't work.. but I always remembered this one being problematic.
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    FWIW
    Backyard Baseball and Backyard Football also use streaming audio and they work fine with devolution as well.

20. Maxternal

For WHENEVER tueidj decides to grace us with his digital presence again, a WiFi log of whats happening with non-working games would help him fix them. Instructions on how to make one are linked to on the OP . . . or in Nintendo Maniac's sig.

EDIT : Oh, and the compatibility list doesn't have a WiFi log linked either.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Devolution, Release, Public