Hacking Devolution - Public Release

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hello, I've got a question. I've got a Wii with no backward compatibility with GameCube , and the box says sth like : No support for GameCube Controllers or discs. And afaik Devolution needs to verify my game disc, but I assume, that without compatibility with GC discs I cannot do this. Or can I ? I don't want to buy GC game only to learn that my Wii cannot read it and just waste my money.
Thanks in advance
Yeah, at least so far it can't verify disks any other way but also so far it can't be used WITHOUT a a GameCube controller either so I wouldn't go buying any GameCube games YET anyhow. You'll just have to wait until BOTH of those features are added (eventually?) so it can fully support no-GC Wiis (and WiiU :P)

JohnyNyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for your answer, I wasn't aware that nintendo removed GC compatibility , and now I'm hoping for something to play GC games on my wii using classic controller and SD card/USB drive :> So there's no hope for GC games for guys who bought their Wiis after 2011 :

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone has any intention of working Devolution into wiiflow 3.1? I've seen the "emu flow" video and noticed they had dios mios worked into it, along with all the emulators. I would love to have wiiflow for the front end of all my emulators, and everything else. Just curious, and maybe dreaming a bit......?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for your answer, I wasn't aware that nintendo removed GC compatibility , and now I'm hoping for something to play GC games on my wii using classic controller and SD card/USB drive :> So there's no hope for GC games for guys who bought their Wiis after 2011 :<
I think there is hope. You'd just have to wait a bit.
Just wondering if anyone has any intention of working Devolution into wiiflow 3.1? I've seen the "emu flow" video and noticed they had dios mios worked into it, along with all the emulators. I would love to have wiiflow for the front end of all my emulators, and everything else. Just curious, and maybe dreaming a bit......?
It is already implemented. You just have to put the loader.bin file in your :/wiiflow/ folder.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Currently working on two separate features for PSO fans.
I will guess ...
One of those is BBA emulation.
the other one ... hmm ? :unsure:? ...
My guess is usb keyboard support. ;)
That would be nice ... wait ... did the GameCube have some sort of keyboard support? (I may have missed something here.)

EDIT : Just googled it.
gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

is this thing legit?

Reactions: 1 person

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT : Just googled it.
gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

is this thing legit?
Whoa! I've never seen one like that before. That thing is ridiculous!
The only Gamecube keyboard that I've seen is the Datel Sharkboard,
which is basically just a PS/2 keyboard to GC adapter with an included keyboard.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer, I wasn't aware that nintendo removed GC compatibility , and now I'm hoping for something to play GC games on my wii using classic controller and SD card/USB drive :> So there's no hope for GC games for guys who bought their Wiis after 2011 :<
I think there is hope. You'd just have to wait a bit.
It is already implemented. You just have to put the loader.bin file in your :/wiiflow/ folder.

loader.bin? From the source file? I'm attempting to set this thing up properly before I even plug my card into my wii. So, loader.bin just goes in the wiiflow folder in the root? Nothing in the plugins folder?

NJ7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://pastebin.com/e8nGGRD8

Crash Nitro Kart Log: 115 and 120 it crashed after publisher's screen and audio stutters continuously......

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the issues are unrelated to the new fix, but MGS:TTS is (still?) having syncing issues during cutscenes (first noticed when you meet the DARPA chief, was working fine up until that point), as well as only minor facial movements during Codec calls (expressions change, but mouths do not move)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it