XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX and Sample Loader Logs
r100 US NTSC Wii & Games / Component Cables

Working:
Luigi's Mansion

Freezing:
Super Monkey Ball : Mem card screen or sound loop at Sega / AV ball screen (Verifies properly at least)
Super Monkey Ball 2: 'I love bananas' OP or Mem card screen (New blocky distortions on text) [I'm... actually surprised the op video text was distorted]

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's no reason to not include a straight-to-SD/USB logging system. DM supports both.
Supporting both requires more work than supporting just one (it is probably minimal, but any time spent on that is time not spent fixing bugs etc.). It is already extremely easy to capture logs, there is no need for another method.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Rebel Strike works fine although Rouge Leader doesn't.
Having read over several pages since then :

I will look into if it's under dumped or not but I dumped it twice with the same md5 that was also reported here (unless it's just some weird bug in ClearRip that doesn't actually write the last cluster to the disk but still includes in in the checksum). The fact that the first post says it loops with the 5 flashes while it repeatedly TRIES to verify it makes me think that the 5 flashes are actually mean "verifying" and not "verified" so they would be emitted right before attempting the verification. I can only guess it creates the empty DVV file in preparation and then freezes in the process.
Rogue Leader does not enter into a repeating loop with five flashes. When attempting to verify the disc, Devolution flashes the drive LED five times, then hard locks the Wii on black screen. It will do this every time verification is attempted (I've tried well over a dozen times, with different rips and different revisions of the application, but haven't tried r100 yet).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's no reason to not include a straight-to-SD/USB logging system. DM supports both.
Supporting both requires more work than supporting just one (it is probably minimal, but any time spent on that is time not spent fixing bugs etc.). It is already extremely easy to capture logs, there is no need for another method.
Tell that to people without a USB gecko and troubles getting wifi to work. If you use basic logic, you can tell that a straight-to-SD/USB logging feature would be painless and work for everyone.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Party 4 Log: http://pastiebin.com/?page=p&id=500553a9bb4d1 (very bad graphical problems)
Mario Party 5 Log: http://pastiebin.com/?page=p&id=5005557620852 (very bad graphics problems)
Mario Party 6 Log: http://pastiebin.com/?page=p&id=5005570ba7f4a (huge improvement graphic wise from 4/5, still minor issues graphically)
Mario Party 7 Log: http://pastiebin.com/?page=p&id=500559b0e599b (bad graphically in spots,color issues, and bg music issue seemed to only be the 1st time load issue, bg music is working now)

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is Devolution's Wi-Fi logging sending our private loading data somewhere on the internet, or is it just broadcasting that information on the local network? I also agree that USB/SD logging would be sufficient, and definitely preferable, especially if private data is being sent out to the internet.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most routers won't pass broadcast packets between LAN/WAN segments and even if they did I'm sure your ISP won't obediently forward them to all their outgoing nodes.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suspect F-Zero GX, Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2 (possibly Virtua Striker 2002 as well) are all freezing for the same reason. It's not a hard lockup because the game is still running (slot light has activity, power button works); it's just waiting for some sort of external event. It's most likely part of the framework used by Amusement Vision in all their games.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
How does Devolution handle system language setting? Some Gamecube games show differences whether they're run under English or Japanese.

Japan version F-Zero GX is a curious yet annoying one. The developers left incomplete prototype remnants from its localization process on disc. Which English consoles default that game to. (an Action Replay code can force things back into correct Japanese)
US version Star Fox Adventures changes its entire language in Japan mode. Dialog script, menu text, title screen, etc you can't see without breaking region lock or some kind of cheat/hack.

Among other titles affected in less interesting ways.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't do anything, which means the games see whatever the system menu set in the SRAM the last time the console language was changed.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like the sample loader tueidj, ideally I would like to run devolution using that.

Can you add support to the sample loader so it uses the app/gcdevo directory on sd or usb regardless of the device used for .iso? So it can always save data (.dvv, memory) into the actual gcdevo folder containing the sample loader?
I'm backing up my gc games onto external usb drive, I have devolution in my apps folder on sd.
Know I mentioned this before but if this isn't diificult to add it I would love to use devo too.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Rogue Leader now working with r100. Upon attempted verification of XGIII, Devolution returns to HBC (no flashes after disc is inserted). While still not working, this is better than locking up the Wii.

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the sample loader tueidj, ideally I would like to run devolution using that.

Can you add support to the sample loader so it uses the app/gcdevo directory on sd or usb regardless of the device used for .iso? So it can always save data (.dvv, memory) into the actual gcdevo folder containing the sample loader?
I'm backing up my gc games onto external usb drive, I have devolution in my apps folder on sd.
Know I mentioned this before but if this isn't diificult to add it I would love to use devo too.
It can only use one device at a time so everything has to be on the same drive.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rogue Leader now working with r100. Upon attempted verification of XGIII, Devolution returns to HBC (no flashes after disc is inserted). While still not working, this is better than locking up the Wii.
Make a log of attempting to load XGIII or else tueidj can't really help too much.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Strange, I have the .iso and .bca files into games folder in the root. My HDD is connected to port 0, and I don't have a patched MIOS.
I don't have any problems with other homebrew apps, they all can see my HDD just fine =(
Are the games on the first partition or the second? I dunno, but maybe Devolution only sees the first partition?

I've only ripped one game, it's on the first FAT32 partition.

BTW what's that sample that you talking about guys?

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Make a log of attempting to load XGIII or else tueidj can't really help too much.
Will try to do so in the next day or two.

1080° Avalanche is now working. I don't think it would authorize with previous revisions.

Will have to change what I said about Rogue Squadron... although it now passes disc verification, the game crashes upon player selection right before the mission selection screen.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does Devolution support real memory cards?
I have an original MC in slot A but whenever I try to load a game it displays the message that the MC is damaged.For the time being,is virtual MC the only way to save?
With the sample loader, you can only use the emulated memory card. In some other loaders, there is an option to choose. The sample loader can also be edited to use a real memory card instead, but the supplied version is coded to use emulated.
Thanks for your answer!
The problem is that I have not managed yet to find a way to use my real MC with Devolution.I tried Wiiflow,disabled MC emulation in the settings and yet again,Devolution sees my MC as damaged.That's false,because real GC games and DM games can see perfectly my save files...
Has anyone similar problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Party DJ :P