Hacking Devolution - Public Release

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to convert saves from a memory card to Devolution's memory card emulation?

I used GCMM. I used the raw backup option, then I renamed the resulting file (which was some long string that ended in .RAW) to "memcard.bin" and I replaced the Devolution-generated memcard.bin file with it. All of my saves seem to be intact.

EDIT: If a game does not work on Wii U, delete the .dvv file on the usb drive in the apps folder coresponding to the game you are trying to load. It's how I got Melee and Heroes to work.

I deleted the Resident Evil DVV file. The game still will not load on my Wii U.

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used GCMM. I used the raw backup option, then I renamed the resulting file (which was some long string that ended in .RAW) to "memcard.bin" and I replaced the Devolution-generated memcard.bin file with it. All of my saves seem to be intact.

I deleted the Resident Evil DVV file. The game still will not load on my Wii U.

Thanks for the Memory Card tip!
And about the loading, you'll have to verify it again to make it work.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently any way to force run Mega Man X collection on TVs that don't support 240p natively? I know Dios Mios shows a black screen (well, the splash screen is 480i, but the games themselves are 240p) with this game unless I have a TV that can scale the signal. So far, only my parent's Sony Bravia HDTV runs it. Can anyone confirm this?

Unless, Vizio TVs don't support this game at all....?

ewookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do you get the latest rXXX version of Devolution? is tueidj's link at the beginning of this thread being updated? my rogue squadron 3 isn't working. the compatibility list says it should with r197. how do i make sure that is what i'm using?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I own the newer version of the Wii, the one that has no compatibility of GameCube games, I know that it still has a GC controller port, if you unscrew it at the back. If I do so, and insert my GC controller, will it work? When I boot Devolution, I'm asked to press GameCube buttons to proceed on and blah blah blah.

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I own the newer version of the Wii, the one that has no compatibility of GameCube games, I know that it still has a GC controller port, if you unscrew it at the back. If I do so, and insert my GC controller, will it work? When I boot Devolution, I'm asked to press GameCube buttons to proceed on and blah blah blah.

Later model Wiis (Family Edition, but not the WiiMini) have the space on the PCB for a GameCube controller port but lack the controllers. If you solder a controller port onto the board it'll work but there's no panel with a port hiding behind it.

Drunk_caterpillar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even the first Wii that has no GC compatibility?

No. Why would they? The whole reason for eliminating backwards compatibility is that you save money by decreasing component costs. Why would they include all the hardware but disable the features if it still cost the same amount to manufacture?

Nage

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, i am very new here and my english is bad. My question is: This system is compatible with Classic Controller pro?

Bueno me gustaría poder hacer una pregunta mas elaborada pero mi nivel de ingles es bastante bajo, Ojala alguien me pueda aclarar la respuesta por que vengo de una pagina anexa y decía que a futuro seria compatible con Wiimotes y eso. Con mi poco conocimiento de ingles intente leer los comentarios anteriores y se mencionaba el CC Pro varias veces y solo quiero verificar si esto es verdad. Eso y gracias. Bye

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i am very new here and my english is bad. My question is: This system is compatible with Classic Controller pro?

Bueno me gustaría poder hacer una pregunta mas elaborada pero mi nivel de ingles es bastante bajo, Ojala alguien me pueda aclarar la respuesta por que vengo de una pagina anexa y decía que a futuro seria compatible con Wiimotes y eso. Con mi poco conocimiento de ingles intente leer los comentarios anteriores y se mencionaba el CC Pro varias veces y solo quiero verificar si esto es verdad. Eso y gracias. Bye

Yes, with the latest rev (r200) Classic controller and classic controller pro are compatible with devolution.
Si, con la ultima versión los controles clásicos pro y no pro son compatibles con Devolution.

Reactions: Nage

korayg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have only wiimote, no GC classic controller...So i tried this...But, which key is the Start button on wiimote :D
None has worked

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have only wiimote, no GC classic controller...So i tried this...But, which key is the Start button on wiimote :D
None has worked
You need a Classic controller connected to the Wiimote or a PS3 or Wii U Pro controller connected in order to play. You'll notice the light on the Wiimote just flashes. That means it's not activated (so you can't play any actual games with those buttons) and it won't let you switch to being activated without one of those controllers connected.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DANG IT! I thought this topic was just being inactive, but I just found out that I'm not getting email notification again, and it's not just getting marked as spam like last time. >_< Now I have a 4 to 5-page backlog to read...

ANYWAY, as someone that does not own a Wii U nor has even touched a Wii U, I was wondering if the Wii U's 720p/1080p upscaling still applies to GameCube games in Devolution that didn't support progressive scan, such as TimeSplitters 2.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently any way to force run Mega Man X collection on TVs that don't support 240p natively? I know Dios Mios shows a black screen (well, the splash screen is 480i, but the games themselves are 240p) with this game unless I have a TV that can scale the signal. So far, only my parent's Sony Bravia HDTV runs it. Can anyone confirm this?

Unless, Vizio TVs don't support this game at all....?
Does this happen with composite, aka the yellow video cable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!