Devolution - Luigi's Mansion

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JoeyC213, Aug 22, 2013.

1. JoeyC213
    OP

JoeyC213 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2013
    United States
    Staten Island, New York
    So my classic controller is kinda annoying me,
    my zL and zR work fine with every other game,but when I play Luigis Mansion,my zR works on it own until I press the L button,but then that locks up my Shoulder buttons and disables me from looking around,how you may ask? The shoulder buttons get mapped to my C stick (Left is Element,Right is vacuum)

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it my controller? or is this intentional in Devolution?
    I would like to really like to play this normally on my Wii U.

2. YoshiKart

YoshiKart GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    No fix as of yet. Your temporary solution is sticking to the analog emulator (press L like you said, to emulate analog shoulder buttons to the right stick), and holding halfway down for element blow, and all the way down for suction. Just gotta deal with sidestep only, Luigi's Mansion 2 / Dark Moon style.

3. panmusic

panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2009
    Greece

Tueidj posted himself for Luigi's Mansion here

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1345&start=48

As you can see,your problem (and mine also) is that we have the original launch copy of the game.
    For all the lucky owners of the Player's Choice version, Luigi's Mansion runs fine via Devolution.

I really hope that Tueidj is looking at the problem. Everyday I visit these forums hoping for the next revision of Devo which will have solved this issue.

Yes,I know it is exremelly irritating to have every game of your collection runs almost perfectly bar one.And THAT one to be your beloved classic Luigi's Mansion!:(

4. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    sorry for off-topic but reading that thread made me angry! damn i hate tueidj's smugness

5. panmusic

panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2009
    Greece
    Has anyone find a workaround to properly play Luigi's Mansion yet?

P.S Merry Christmas everyone! :grog: