Devil's Third US Copies Selling For More Than It's Worth

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Due to the shortage of American copies by Nintendo, the game Devil's Third is being sold for around $100-150 but we all know that this is temporary albeit Nintendo loyalists are known to throw money at the products regardless.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

This is just like that time when the GameCube adapter was rare, how amiibos were scarce and UK Nintendo magazines when they went out of print at first were selling for the price of a new game. No wonder scalpers love Nintendo fanboys.

Subtle Demise and TotalInsanity4 like this.

2. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Man what I would give to play 2014's Devil's Third. It looked SO much better than 2015's E3 trailer. I guess I might never get my hands on this one anyways with prices like these.

Subtle Demise and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  3. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    Wanted to buy a shitty game for $60? Call now and you can spend an extra $100 on it absolutely FREE plus shipping and handling!

4. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Single player is underrated I give it a 6.8

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Oh so just like Cubic Ninja. What a surprise...

6. daniel26150

daniel26150 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Mexico
    That is why when you see shortage on something rare or valuable don't speak because scalpers and how people take advantage of those things

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    It was confirmed as of now there are no plans for a re-release. Game is mediocre. Best bet is to import from Canada and sell for profits though.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Nintendo went silent for a while when the Amiibos were "rare" so it's very likely they'll do a reprint in the future for this game.

9. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    The game did so poorly in preorders that there were only something like 10,000 printed for US distribution. The publisher/developer from my understanding was going under

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    its on amazon.ca if anyone is interested just snagged myself a copy

Doubt it, a game is not the same as amiibo's they might do another small print but it's still not gonna be a mass produced game and wont lose it's value.

Last edited by IpsoFact0, Dec 18, 2015
  11. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    This is Nintendo and remember the whole Marth amiibo drama? Yes, it's a game not an amiibo but then again they didn't expect the GameCube adapter to sell like crazy so eventually they got back to make more prints of it. After it, the GCN adapter lost its ridiculous value.

I don't know why people here are so surprised that Ninty would do this.

12. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    It is NOT the same situation, i'll put money on it. If you see a physical version BUY IT NOW if you have any intrest as it will be very rare.

13. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    That's exactly the type of mindset they want people to have and it's working. I'll give it till March 2016 and if Nintendo hasn't made more prints then they have stayed true to their "we won't make anymore copies".

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    "Selling For More Than It's Worth"

I am reminded of one of my favourite axioms of business, that being "something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it".

Anyway it does seem the Wii U's failure will mean some games will get harder to come by in the coming years. There are probably better investments out there but you might be able to make something on Wii U games in the years to come.

15. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    It's the basics of supply and demand but to be honest, hoping Wii U games to be valuable and rare in the future is solely based on luck because it all depends on how much one's willing to pay for X game. Just for the sake of a former "rare" game One Piece: Unlimited World Red on Wii U used to go for high prices but Amazon Germany has it for a very reasonable price (34€).

This kind of business usually works well enough for resellers but newcomers who think they're going to make a killing, well, it's not just that easy.

16. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    Believe what you wish my friend, if they were going to print more copies it would be for christmas or just after not 4 months from now. The game is a solid 6 not bad but not good enough for Nintendo to print more copies they know its only popular right now because it's rare not because its amazing.

If you want to wait yet still play the game eventually hopefully you don't mind Eshop digital downloads.

P.S. you can still find the game in Canada at randoms retailers.

Last edited by IpsoFact0, Dec 19, 2015
  17. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    I live in Europe so I'm not concerned but rather curious about it. I'd bet if Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water in US was released in limited print then it'd have been sold for $100-150 by the looks of it, but in Europe it's not that hard to find it.

18. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    It is a very underrated game, I beat it on loadiine on Normel, Metacritic score is 44, I give it between a 6 and 6.8

19. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Ill find it at a thrift store in 8 years.... Im not worried about it

20. IpsoFact0

IpsoFact0 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2015
    Canada
    The Six
    Goodluck finding one of 420 copies made.