RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So Devil Survivor Overclock was announced in this week's Famitsu.
It's a port of the DS version with a new day after the original's week, full voice acting and higher resolution sprites.
Just like in the original, the action takes place on the touch screen.
6wz5u.jpg

devfq.jpg

8Bubz.jpg

WKQyo.jpg

So the menus and other statistics are on the upper screen... Will we at least get fancy 3D effects on them? >_>
7OA85.jpg

I love Atlus for the most part but this seems a bit too much.
I'll probably buy it anyways
What do you people think?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Persona 3 or 4 port would be nice but knowing Atlus, if they do make P3 for the 3DS, it's gonna be a port of the PSP version. But a portable P4 is what I hope for.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not make it a regular DS game, it'll be compatible with the 3DS anyway and probably will sell better...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
isabelyes said:
I think that having the action on the touch screen is a horrible design option. >->
inorite? Just get rid of the touch screen all-together, right? Only need one screen, right? We'll rename it: Gameboy 3D

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'd only get it if Yuzu's tits popped out of the screen. Otherwise, what for? It's 99% the same thing

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As much as I loved Devil Survivor, I don't see any point in getting this. I completed all the different endings and this doesn't add anything new except an extra day and voice acting. If they added some nice 3D affects it would at least be something. I think they should do a remake of Persona 2 or 4.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
monkat said:
isabelyes said:
I think that having the action on the touch screen is a horrible design option. >->
inorite? Just get rid of the touch screen all-together, right? Only need one screen, right? We'll rename it: Gameboy 3D

i agree with monkat

and this:
QUOTE(Ramonra @ Jan 7 2011, 12:30 AM)
I'd only get it if Yuzu's tits popped out of the screen. Otherwise, what for? It's 99% the same thing

anyways, this reminded me, i still need to get the ending with haru.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaosruler said:
Shame, I liked Devil Suvivor a lot, I expected much more from Atlus, looks like Persona 3 became to Atlus what Final Fantasy is for Square Enix

There was Persona 3, Persona 3: FES, and the PSP port. How this is anything like Final Fantasy is a mystery to me. If you don't think improved graphics, an extra day of play, voiced dialogue, more monsters, etc, is a good enough improvement, then I don't know what is.

If you're talking about Shin Megami Tensei as a series, big deal, it's one of their most popular series. They make a lot of games for it and a lot of them are actually really good. The Persona games were good, Devil Survivor was good, Strange Journey was good.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
improved graphics

The graphics are exactly the same.
It's been confirmed to be an enhanced-port, not a remake... You can see that by just
viewing at the pictures, actually.
That's probably the reason why people are so disappointed, BTW.

admotonic

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just don't understand why they would remake this for the 3DS. I played it on the DS and loved it, but then my save file corrupted before I could finish it and didn't really get back into it. The thing I don't get though is that the 3DS is capable of playing DS games so why release a game on a platform that can already play the game anyway?
Just seems really strange to me
wtf.gif

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
admotonic said:
I just don't understand why they would remake this for the 3DS. I played it on the DS and loved it, but then my save file corrupted before I could finish it and didn't really get back into it. The thing I don't get though is that the 3DS is capable of playing DS games so why release a game on a platform that can already play the game anyway?
wtf.gif

Because they're confused.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
admotonic said:
wtf.gif
Because it'll sell.

Simplest answer in the world really.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would buy it if I enjoyed the original, which I didn't. The story sucked and the demon auction system was laughable.
They should have remade Strange Journey instead, but I guess it didn't and won't do as well because of the M rating.

If I wanted to see 3D monster summoning effects, I'll just buy Yugioh instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM