Device MAC Address Survey

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by boff, May 2, 2014.

1. boff
    OP

boff Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2008
    United States
    I am looking to compile a list of device addresses to use for locking down a permanent, non-rotating HomePass relay, to only allow access from 3DS devices. But, I only have one 3DS!

Once I have some data and a can formulate a view of it, I'll make a spreadsheet and make that information available to everyone.
    Google Form

The TLDR version of the plan: create a wifi VAP on a secondary bridge in the router and only gives addresses to devices within specified MAC Address ranges. Which should keep most people/devices out, but if someone can get the right IP Range/Gateway, manually specify those for a device and connect, they would only be able to get to the external internet, and you could do some other (port?) filtering on those outgoing connections. But, being on a secondary bridge, your internal network would inaccessible.

Thanks!

2. boff
    OP

boff Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2008
    United States
    Well, not a ton of data points here. 4 different vendor classes, but all in ranges registered to Nintendo.

2C:10:C1 - Red - NA
    58:BD:A3 - Blue - NA
    9C:E6:35 - XL - JP
    B8:AE:6E - Gold Zelda XL - NA

Any more would be great, especially a 2DS.

Also, any suggestions on where else might be worth trying? Would it be better / unadvised to cross post to one of the other 3DS sub-forums?