Device MAC Address Survey

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by boff, May 2, 2014.

1. boff
    OP

boff Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2008
    United States
    I am looking to compile a list of device addresses to use for locking down a permanent, non-rotating HomePass relay, to only allow access from 3DS devices. But, I only have one 3DS!

Once I have some data and a can formulate a view of it, I'll make a spreadsheet and make that information available to everyone.
    Google Form

The TLDR version of the plan: create a wifi VAP on a secondary bridge in the router and only gives addresses to devices within specified MAC Address ranges. Which should keep most people/devices out, but if someone can get the right IP Range/Gateway, manually specify those for a device and connect, they would only be able to get to the external internet, and you could do some other (port?) filtering on those outgoing connections. But, being on a secondary bridge, your internal network would inaccessible.

Thanks!

2. boff
    OP

boff Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2008
    United States
    Well, not a ton of data points here. 4 different vendor classes, but all in ranges registered to Nintendo.

2C:10:C1 - Red - NA
    58:BD:A3 - Blue - NA
    9C:E6:35 - XL - JP
    B8:AE:6E - Gold Zelda XL - NA

Any more would be great, especially a 2DS.

Also, any suggestions on where else might be worth trying? Would it be better / unadvised to cross post to one of the other 3DS sub-forums?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice