Status
Not open for further replies.

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, there was genesis plus and picodrive but they crashed after loading a game, have patience, I'm sure they will work on them at one point.
I think that was just Genesis Plus GX.
IIRC Picodrive has not been compiled

Beetle-PSX STILL DOESN'T COMPILE! Even when I tried simias's Switch repo and patched the Makefile!
I'm going to try again with the CD turned off and see what happens.
I would just stop

Reactions: wicksand420

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Is the new Yabause NRO available yet or no?
I'm working on it.
Performance isn't great yet to be honest, not without the JNI, GPU and hardware acceleration that we still need to figure out how to implement...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, even when the "NEED_CD" flag is turned off, Beetle-PSX still won't compile.
Anyone else willing to do it with threading support for me plz?

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on it.
Performance isn't great yet to be honest, not without the JNI, GPU and hardware acceleration that we still need to figure out how to implement...

Nope, even when the "NEED_CD" flag is turned off, Beetle-PSX still won't compile.
Anyone else willing to do it with threading support for me plz?
In the Makefile, change "-fno-exceptions" to "-fexceptions" without quotes of course

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I didn't edit my post.... but here are the results

------------------------------
Tests done on Handheld mode - 5.0.2
  • Chrono Trigger Test
    • Threaded w/ VSync Off
      • Lasts before crash : 3:46min and 5:14min then error 2345-0021
    • Unthreaded (like unleaded gas) w/ VSync Off
      • Lasts before crash : I let it loop 4 times through the intro - 3:06min per intro * 4 = 12:24min and no crash
    • Threaded w/ VSync On
      • Lasts before crash : I let it loop 4 times through the intro - 3:06min per intro * 4 = 12:24min and no crash
Kinda odd.... --- willing to sit another 40min testing another log intro game that loops.... maybe Tales of Phantasia.... lol

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Just for fun, I tried out the Sega Saturn (E) BIOS on Yabause. It only gets up to the startup screen before it freezes the emulator, doesn't even load main menu.
Maybe because I loaded the BIOS as if it was a Saturn game.

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a test with the latest build linked a few pages back. I am currently uploading a video to YouTube that will show an error I'm getting, I'm on firmware 2.2.0. shortly after running the snes9x2010 core compiled and game is loaded the emulator stops sending the video but audio continues as it's supposed to with the correct button presses.

Will edit with the video link once finished uploading.

Reactions: Leonidas87

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright folks.

By the reports you are giving+my own tests, it seems that there are still a couple of things to fix. The audio+inputs working while the video just stops sounds like an issue with mutexes/locks.

@Leonidas87 I'm wondering if the fix I made in the cfg was still not enough – specially since you said that you are getting good results with a different cfg, maybe some of the crashes are related to the configuration?. I'm excited to see your findings.

If any tester can, please test again, this time deleting the cfg files and then enabling threading & vsync in settings/video. I am looking at you @Duhasst0 since I see you are still around :-D. Other than testing after deleting the cfgs I think we are good with the tests related to threading for now.

Last edited by Starcarr,

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just posting this because after 50min of testing I am not wasting this data lol

• Tales of Phantasia Test (Pushed A one time to get to title screen)
    • Threaded w/ VSync Off
      • Lasts before crash : 5:36min and 1:28min then error 2345-0021
      • Lasts before crash : I let it loop 4 times through the intro - 4:45min per intro * 4 = 19min and no crash
    • Threaded w/ VSync On
      • Lasts before crash : I let it loop 4 times through the intro - 4:45min per intro * 4 = 19min and no crash

Reactions: baretbh

Starcarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just posting this because after 50min of testing I am not wasting this data lol

• Threaded w/ VSync Off
    • Threaded w/ VSync On

Thanks a lot man. All the data you collected here and in your other posts will help us triage and prioritize.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Alright, I just compiled Virtual Jaguar with threading. Fever Pitch Soccer runs a little bit faster but still noticeably slow. Wolfenstein 3D is slow yet playable, I guess.
Also, both have been tested with VSync and threading enabled, handheld mode, 4.1.0.

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

• Threaded w/ VSync Off
    • Threaded w/ VSync On
      • Lasts before crash : I let it loop 4 times through the intro - 4:45min s eper intro * 4 = 19min and no crash
Thanks for testing man. Love the easy to read formatting as well

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alright folks.

By the reports you are giving+my own tests, it seems that there are still a couple of things to fix. The audio+inputs working while the video just stops sounds like an issue with mutexes/locks.

@Leonidas87 I'm wondering if the fix I made in the cfg was still not enough – specially since you said that you are getting good results with a different cfg, maybe some of the crashes are related to the configuration?. I'm excited to see your findings.

If any tester can, please test again, this time deleting the cfg files and then enabling threading & vsync in settings/video. I am looking at you @Duhasst0 since I see you are still around :-D. Other than testing after deleting the cfgs I think we are good with the tests related to threading for now.

Having the video freezes with audio continuing on 4.1.0 and 5.1.0

Only just started happening for me.

Took a wile to happen must have been playing for about 5 almost 10 minutes.

So close.

I'll deleting the config file and will retest with the setting you recommended

Last edited by Leonidas87,

l_steve_l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot man. All the data you collected here and in your other posts will help us triage and prioritize.
No Problem - I've been around the block on these things from the PSP days and XBOX (OG)

BTW - Deleted retroarch.cfg - Threading ON VSync ON: There are audio crackles... which is odd (Chrono Trigger (U) was testing ROM)
  • Steps done
    • Deleted CFG
    • Booted NRO
    • Settings > Video > Toggled Threaded ON *VSync was Default ON*
    • Booted Chrono Trigger
    • Crackle - Listened for 7 Min for audio cleanup but wasn't happening
    • Home button close > Booted NRO
    • Settings > Video > Toggled Threaded ON Toggled VSync OFF then ON
    • Booted Chrono Trigger
    • Crackle - Listened for 1 Min - Looked at the clock.... realized it was bed time

Thanks for testing man. Love the easy to read formatting as well
This is what happens when you make a lot of documentation for your day job... a lot.... LOL

Last edited by l_steve_l,

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
@Starcarr without config file runs choppy, audio crackles.

Way better with Config file by far except for the freezing of course.

Just had a freeze up with SNES in the same fashion as here with VBA-also.

No video freezing so far without the config file tho as of yet.

Been testing on 5.1.0 and 4.1.0 with the same results.

Reactions: Starcarr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu