Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
So at the moment this is mainly just some questions and me checking my information.

The current exploit relies on the user's ds profile being crafted in such a way that the user name reads past the name portion. It the smashes the stack and uses ROP to take control of the system. In order to get to the NATIVE_FIRM processor it replaces interrupts to take control.

So, how does this stack up against how it realy works?

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
You are missing a few points, there is an open source ROP loader available here:

https://github.com/ctnieves/ROP-Loader

It's much more buggy than the alternate ROP loader and GW's but it should help you learn more about the exploit if you really want.

Namely, one detail you missed is that there are two sections to the DS profile data (to prevent corruption). The unicode username string in the second profile is the exact thing that is overflowed. The 1'st profile section is where most of the exploit is stored, the PC jumps to this.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
You are missing a few points, there is an open source ROP loader available here:

https://github.com/ctnieves/ROP-Loader

It's much more buggy than the alternate ROP loader and GW's but it should help you learn more about the exploit if you really want.

Namely, one detail you missed is that there are two sections to the DS profile data (to prevent corruption). The unicode username string in the second profile is the exact thing that is overflowed. The 1'st profile section is where most of the exploit is stored, the PC jumps to this.

Ok, thanks. I will start tinkering with this soon.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum