**DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ** WiiMC on a hidden external drive

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ChronicMasturbator, Dec 18, 2014.

1. ChronicMasturbator
    OP

ChronicMasturbator GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2014
    I've finally figured out how to bypass the problem of having external drives for both the Wii U side and the V Wii side however now there is just one more problem i can't find any solution to and is frustrating because it's the only obstacle left. To save having to type everything again you can just see it all by going here -

http://gbatemp.net/threads/more-than-1-external-drive-or-can-you-partition-a-hd-for-wii-u.376396/

Everything you need to know about what i need help with is there, the reason i put "**DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ**" is because i'm guessing it will require someone who knows what they're doing to fix this... a technical sorta person and i'm NOT one of those :( If someone can find a solution can you please explain everything in a step-by-step, Wii-hacking-for-dummies sorta way? Thanks.

P.S. Yes i did already download that WiiMC that was labelled as compatible with UStealth but buggered if i know what to do with it! lol.

2. ChronicMasturbator
    OP

Aug 22, 2014
    Ok no replies so far :( Ok so i downloaded a file called "UStealth Compatible WiiMC" which appeared to be self-explanatory (that's why i downloaded it) and it downloaded as a zip file which i'll show pics here of what it looked like when extracted. So first...

wiimc 1.png

and then after opening the apps folder i get the "WiiMC" folder which i already know to add to my apps folder on my sd card but HERE is where i could use some help. In THAT folder is both a BOOT and an ELF file. Can someone who knows about this stuff tell me if maybe the mistake i'm making is having them both in the same folder? I don't even know what an "ELF" file even is or what to do with it. The person who created this swears it works so i must be doing something wrong.

wiimc 2.png

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    For one, you don't have the boot.dol in a program folder.

You need /apps/<app_name>/boot.dol

I don't think you need the boot.elf.

4. ChronicMasturbator
    OP

Aug 22, 2014
    Umm yes i do, i said that in the description. It's an a folder called "WiiMC" I know how to do homebrew stuff and if you look at the file path in the second pic it shows a folder named that so i didn't think it was necessary taking a pic and having a third one up.

This is where i got everything from -

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-wii-u-format-disk-nag-workaround.352786/page-8#post-4897911

and there he states - "However, following the tutorial I linked to it should be possible to compile your own modified version, even for someone not familiar with development environments." Umm no... we're not all rocket scientists like you mate. I looked at that link and you might aswell be showing me the Matrix itself! I haven't got a f**king clue what to do there.