zc4w.png

Last edited by Miqote,

Haztel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be battery calibration or LCD screen issues to worry about with this Lanka Port?

Those problems will most likely still be present since this isn't booting into the Nintendo Switch OS but a linux distro. You will have to take apart your switch and remove the battery to reset calibration.

D

Deleted User

OP
Those problems will most likely still be present since this isn't booting into the Nintendo Switch OS but a linux distro. You will have to take apart your switch and remove the battery to reset calibration.

Or charge it to 100%

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will there be battery calibration or LCD screen issues to worry about with this Lanka Port?
I guess the three remaining things (display damage, battery calibration and no sound) need to be patched into the kernel, which then can be used for all three recent distributions -> Ubuntu, (Painless) Arch, Lakka

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey that's me, I migrated my Twitter account from @launchmycraft to @natinusala

For now it can boot to XMB menu with full hardware acceleration (it supports the improved ribbon shader and text / icons shadows, it's beautiful). The main issue is that for now the screen can't be rotated so it's portait (it looks stupid).

Here's my TODO list before I make a PR to Lakka and release an image (TL;DR : a playable state) :
  • wired joy-cons support (courtesy of @shinyquagsire23)
  • rotated display without xorg
  • I can make a proper image to boot with Painless Linux without hacking around (for now I have to create partitions and copy files by hand)
  • some RetroArch patches ("Reboot to RCM", remove "Shutdown", add GPU profile selection...)
Once this is done I'll release incremental patches to improve things as they come. I have more to do than what's on that list ;)

edit : Here's my fork if you want : https://github.com/lakka-switch/Lakka-LibreELEC

Last edited by natinusala,

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say not to install linux on your system no matter what. The battery issue may happen and destroy your switch by a soft brick.

D

Deleted User

OP
the worst part is that on kernel 4.17 the same issue still there , it wont be fixed any time soon maybe when Atmosphere comes ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: