• Replies 328
  • Likes 18

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit lost, what is this issue?
The Horizon kernel keeps track of battery percentage in storage for some odd reason instead of just pulling that data from the battery's onboard IC. When running Linux, this value desyncs from the one Horizon has stored, and the battery can be lower than Horizon believes it to be. This is fixed by either replugging the battery or just charging the Switch for a few hours/overnight.

Reactions: ShonenJump

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Horizon kernel keeps track of battery percentage in storage for some odd reason instead of just pulling that data from the battery's onboard IC. When running Linux, this value desyncs from the one Horizon has stored, and the battery can be lower than Horizon believes it to be. This is fixed by either replugging the battery or just charging the Switch for a few hours/overnight.
So...the issue isn't harming the battery, it just makes the battery value de-synced? does this happen when the switch is plugged in?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
the worst part is that on kernel 4.17 the same issue still there , it wont be fixed any time soon maybe when Atmosphere comes ?
Hardware compatibility with the Switch is unrelated to the Linux kernel version. Most all of the changes required to make Linux run properly on the Switch will be contributed by people following this scene to their own repositories.

D

Deleted User

OP
Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to wait until Atmosphere releases before I can get a working GBA emulator.

(shrug)

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

no why you can get an working GBA Emulator right now if you use 3.0 HBL and Gambatte or VBANext

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
idk if you can launch the nro with 5.0.2 i am on 3.0.0

If that was the case, there would not be the need to ask for some other way. Of course you cannot just launch those emulators on 5.0.2. They send you back to HBL after a second. The only one working is pfba so far. People say that is because it uses libnx instead of libtransistor unlike the RetroArch cores.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: TAUSENN
D

Deleted User

OP
If that was the case, there would not be the need to ask for some other way. Of course you cannot just launch those emulators on 5.0.2. They send you back to HBL after a second. The only one working is pfba so far. People say that is because it uses libnx instead of libtransistor unlike the RetroArch cores.

i gonna recompile alot of stuff tonight and see if it gets working on 5x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.