Hacking Detailed GUIDE for DSTT/i Monshell2 + YSMenu to load commercial roms

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a very good guide. I was just wondering, what's the advantage of using this over ysmenu? Ysmenu is able to delete files, exit to the ds's original menu. I also heard this doesn't have support for gba slot

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its really just YSMenu doing the loading for the games so really you have Moonshell2 as an GUI and YSMenu working in the background when it needs to play games, so really you don't lose YSMenu you only gain Moonshell2, and I'm pretty sure that Moonshell2 can delete files too and I dunno if it can exit to the DS's original menu

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keeley said:
Its really just YSMenu doing the loading for the games so really you have Moonshell2 as an GUI and YSMenu working in the background when it needs to play games, so really you don't lose YSMenu you only gain Moonshell2, and I'm pretty sure that Moonshell2 can delete files too and I dunno if it can exit to the DS's original menu

How do i delete files. I tried holding select but i kept freezing. Then i found out that it makes screen shots

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
This is a very good guide. I was just wondering, what's the advantage of using this over ysmenu? Ysmenu is able to delete files, exit to the ds's original menu. I also heard this doesn't have support for gba slot

no advantage... it still uses original DSTT kernel ... the only gain we have using YSMENU is like autoboot, backup saves, delete files...

other like gba slot 2 support, pass me... etc.. are still intact there.. just press start anyway.. you'll see the icons..

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Hi, I used this guide to start using Moonshell when I realised that you cannot apply/remove any cheats without moving into YSMENU. So my question is how I go about 1) Going into YSMENU from Moonshell, and 2) How to apply/remove cheats via Moonshell.

Any help regarding those 2 questions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

SIMEDIT: Also had to ask if this hybrid menu supports skinning, and if there are any guides/useful tips for using Moonshell (As a YSMENU:er myself, I can't deny that it's hard to learn new functions). Lastly, I wonder how I go about to update infolib.dat. Do I just do it like usually, or is there anything needed to be done differently?

dnniwa485

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
simon_003 said:
Hi, I used this guide to start using Moonshell when I realised that you cannot apply/remove any cheats without moving into YSMENU. So my question is how I go about 1) Going into YSMENU from Moonshell, and 2) How to apply/remove cheats via Moonshell.

Any help regarding those 2 questions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

SIMEDIT: Also had to ask if this hybrid menu supports skinning, and if there are any guides/useful tips for using Moonshell (As a YSMENU:er myself, I can't deny that it's hard to learn new functions). Lastly, I wonder how I go about to update infolib.dat. Do I just do it like usually, or is there anything needed to be done differently?
>> moonshell supports skinning / guides? google it
>> you can enter on ysmenu by press and hold B after you choosed a game
>> you cant run ysmenu from moonshell. if you tried, it will just loop and loop.
>> if you want to play game with cheats.. use the original TTMENU.DAT came from original DSTT kernel ... and rename it as TTMENU.NDS in my case i placed it on launch folder..
>> you can update it.. nothing will happend..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-