Hacking Detailed Battery Indicator?

ceanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if there was any homebrew application which provides a detailed indication of the battery level? Something kinda like what the psp has would be perfect!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS hardware itself only reports two states to the hardware: "charged" and "low". You cannot get a detailed percentage report, as the hardware itself cannot retrieve that information.

Perhaps if you installed a custom battery that showed you its charge using LEDs or something you could get a better estimate, but software-wise there's nothing you can do.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, LMP-ng demonstrates the only thing you can do with the DS battery indicator, which is fairly useless since the LED lights on the DS itself tell you the exact same thing.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right, LMP-ng demonstrates the only thing you can do with the DS battery indicator, which is fairly useless since the LED lights on the DS itself tell you the exact same thing.

So it's a bit like a "Ping Pals" application
laugh.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know of none but I have been messing with the idea of multiple hardware states: just as your battery turns red drop the sound or many of you may have been using wifi/3d and then had the red come up. A restart later and it is back green (for 5 minutes or so but still).

I have no great desire to write such an app but I would like to see if it is possible.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it would be possible to write such app but it would only affect the app itself.

Anyway a hardware battery level indicator would be nifty, this is one of the very few things I envy the PSP, a full battery status indicator.

On the other hand the DS's battery usually stays long enough so it's not all that much of an issue
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: