Homebrew Destruction Derby PSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've dumped the game with alcohol and it came out as .mdf / mds files. I've read that I can simply rename to .bin and it should be Okay, but I've tried both Wii-SX and PSX-R and neither works (yes I have the BIOS files in the correct location too)
Both emulators I've installed via the homebrew browser so the folders are setup in the correct locations and I'm just loading it up and choosing the .bin file (approx 660mb) and both emulators just freeze.

All I can assume is that renaming the file to bin wasn't enough and I should re-dump the game, what's best to use to get a regular .bin & .cue

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was some program but i can't rember what it was called try searching your answer on google it's called ngemu.com i think.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think PSX-R is actually picking up the BIN file OK, it shows the SCES-##### code, game title then the next line

EXECUTE

is the last thing printing in the post-game on-screen text. It simply stops at this point, the text remains on screen and the wiimote falls out of sync

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It crashes using WiiSX b1, and I don't have much hope for it on beta2 either tbh...... you're hard pushed getting the game to run well (if at all) on the PC emulators! (I've only got it working on epsxe, but there's plenty issues there - pSX just crashes!)

blackshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i will take a crack at it since im adding all my PAL games to the GBAtemp wiisx list will post the results once i can find my disk(need to raid the shed to find it)

also here the gbatemp compatibility list for beta 2 if you Haven't found it already one tip if you have a usbdrive go with the mod01 wiisx the performance increase is worth it
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compati...st_%28beta_2%29

[EDIT]
raided the shed found the disk unfortunately couldn't get the game to boot tested via usb

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dang, beaten to it, lol....
Aye like blackshadow says, game won't even boot, usb2 mod or not (as I expected) - I can see your logic in thinking the earlier releases will more likely work, unfortunately it doesn't work like that, particularly in the case of emulation on a machine such as the PS1..... shame, as my mum loves Destruction Derby and only has a Wii & a grotty old PC that near-blows up when it tries to run ePSXe hehe...

Anyway, the problem clearly isn't due to your dumping method apoptygma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning