Hacking desperate SSBB help

CwTCwT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i been searching for months, tried all the suggestions on gbatemp with no luck.

I think i need to understand why it wont read the disc in order to fix it

Ultimately my Super Smash Brothers Braw is the only game that wont play on my Wii, and its a retail copy.

I beat the game and all when it first came out.

It plays on my friends Wii just fine, to this day that is setup just like mine, or i thought it was

On mine i get error 349 when launching from the gamma 002 fix loader and 324 from regular v3 gamma loader

The Wii disc channel doesnt even see the disc, my other games it will at least say Wii system update.

I guess i just like to know if anyone knows what i changed to make this happen, or is it the fact its a dual layer dvd and my Wii cant read them, i recall reading an article about that last year when the game came out

I am running 3.2 Wii firmware, and gamma 0.3 ios249.

This is one of my fav games i not been able to play for way 2 long now any suggestions woul be apperciated.

shasta588

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem all last year you have to send your wii and ssbb disk into nintendo don't worry they'll pay for it. go to customer service at nintendo.com for more information.

CwTCwT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i wil try the rev9 now... ( unsuccessful )

whats cioscorp

any good place that shows you how to clean it, i tried canned air in there didnt help

CwTCwT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now none of my games seem to be working and im getting that error is there an easy way to uninstall what i have done and reinstall. I tried this downgrader pack, but it does not seem to help

Retail games play ( not SSBB ) but now my backups dont play is there an iso i can reinstall to make them work again?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i have a video. I'll find it quick for you.

Its actually really easy to take apart, i did it not 2 weeks ago for the same reason. Now my brawl loads pretty quick. You do however need a triwing screwdriver. Dealextreme sells em for under $5 with no shipping costs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8epujddQTc...feature=related

Use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol (75% or over) and be very gentle when cleaning the lens.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, yeah, that'll work too.

I just already had a triwing screwdriver and have a lot of experience with optical drives, so I just did it myself. But for those who are uneasy about it, yeah, go with the lens cleaner.

On a side note, you'd be surprised how much dust collects inside that lil white box, lol.

CwTCwT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies I am calling my local gamestop now to see if they have this in stock.

Just to confirm with you guys

my retail copies seem to play, not (ssbb)

my backups dont seem to be recgonized in the disc chan rebooting with hooks and in gamma loader

also i was able to get one to load after hitting launch games multiple times

if i had iso issues would i get errors and would it still show in the disc chan if i rebooted with hooks, just want to make sure theres not iso's i should try to reinstall that i could have botched up

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I got my WiiKey, it actually fixed the this problem for me. My retail SSBB took multi ejects/inserts to get it to read, sometimes taking even up to a half hour or so before finally loading.

So yeah, either get the disc cleaner, which you can also order from store.nintendo.com or get a solderless wiikey for 30 bucks from modsupplier.com, which will help you wii read your retail disc as well.

CwTCwT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to give a conclusion and a BIG THANKS to all who replied

I went and got the Wii lens cleaning kit, it came out black , and now my games play including....

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL !!!!!!!!!

I am in Love, cant thank you all enough

anyone want to play? hehehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you