desperate SSBB help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CwTCwT, Apr 9, 2009.

Apr 9, 2009

desperate SSBB help by CwTCwT at 8:26 PM (1,216 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. CwTCwT
    OP

Newcomer CwTCwT Member

United States
    Ok so i been searching for months, tried all the suggestions on gbatemp with no luck.

I think i need to understand why it wont read the disc in order to fix it

Ultimately my Super Smash Brothers Braw is the only game that wont play on my Wii, and its a retail copy.

I beat the game and all when it first came out.

It plays on my friends Wii just fine, to this day that is setup just like mine, or i thought it was

On mine i get error 349 when launching from the gamma 002 fix loader and 324 from regular v3 gamma loader

The Wii disc channel doesnt even see the disc, my other games it will at least say Wii system update.

I guess i just like to know if anyone knows what i changed to make this happen, or is it the fact its a dual layer dvd and my Wii cant read them, i recall reading an article about that last year when the game came out

I am running 3.2 Wii firmware, and gamma 0.3 ios249.

This is one of my fav games i not been able to play for way 2 long now any suggestions woul be apperciated.

2. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    update your cios to rev 8 or 9 and it should work,

do you have cioscorp installed?

3. shasta588

Member shasta588 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had the same problem all last year you have to send your wii and ssbb disk into nintendo don't worry they'll pay for it. go to customer service at nintendo.com for more information.

4. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    a can almost guarantee its your lens.

Just clean it.

I would wait to send it to nintendo as a last resort at this point, because you may very well lose all your homebrew if they update.

5. CwTCwT
    OP

Newcomer CwTCwT Member

United States
    no i wil try the rev9 now... ( unsuccessful )

whats cioscorp

any good place that shows you how to clean it, i tried canned air in there didnt help

6. CwTCwT
    OP

Newcomer CwTCwT Member

United States
    Now none of my games seem to be working and im getting that error is there an easy way to uninstall what i have done and reinstall. I tried this downgrader pack, but it does not seem to help

Retail games play ( not SSBB ) but now my backups dont play is there an iso i can reinstall to make them work again?

7. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Chances are your Wii's laser is dying. In that case it won't matter what you install or uninstall and you'll have to send it in.

8. Sebastian25

Member Sebastian25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  9. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    yeah, i have a video. I'll find it quick for you.

Its actually really easy to take apart, i did it not 2 weeks ago for the same reason. Now my brawl loads pretty quick. You do however need a triwing screwdriver. Dealextreme sells em for under $5 with no shipping costs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8epujddQTc...feature=related

Use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol (75% or over) and be very gentle when cleaning the lens.

10. Sebastian25

Member Sebastian25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    or u can buy the official lens cleaner and NOT have to worry about opening up ur Wii and possibly screwing it up more.

11. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    lol, yeah, that'll work too.

I just already had a triwing screwdriver and have a lot of experience with optical drives, so I just did it myself. But for those who are uneasy about it, yeah, go with the lens cleaner.

On a side note, you'd be surprised how much dust collects inside that lil white box, lol.

12. CwTCwT
    OP

Newcomer CwTCwT Member

United States
    Thanks for all the replies I am calling my local gamestop now to see if they have this in stock.

Just to confirm with you guys

my retail copies seem to play, not (ssbb)

my backups dont seem to be recgonized in the disc chan rebooting with hooks and in gamma loader

also i was able to get one to load after hitting launch games multiple times

if i had iso issues would i get errors and would it still show in the disc chan if i rebooted with hooks, just want to make sure theres not iso's i should try to reinstall that i could have botched up

13. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    when I got my WiiKey, it actually fixed the this problem for me. My retail SSBB took multi ejects/inserts to get it to read, sometimes taking even up to a half hour or so before finally loading.

So yeah, either get the disc cleaner, which you can also order from store.nintendo.com or get a solderless wiikey for 30 bucks from modsupplier.com, which will help you wii read your retail disc as well.

14. CwTCwT
    OP

Newcomer CwTCwT Member

United States
    I just wanted to give a conclusion and a BIG THANKS to all who replied

I went and got the Wii lens cleaning kit, it came out black , and now my games play including....

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL !!!!!!!!!

I am in Love, cant thank you all enough

anyone want to play? hehehe