desperate for gamecube games on usb

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by OtakuLink, May 15, 2013.

1. OtakuLink
    OP

OtakuLink Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Mexico
    no mater what i do i cannot play gc games on usb loader gx on my first attemp i failed i installed dios mios lite and it failed then i wanted to play my retail game paper mario TYD and it just was a black screen and then find out what to do and installed rvl-mios-v10.wad and it worked the on my second attemp and on computer downloaded a gc iso and run it with DiscEX and copy to my usb like this usb/games/GZLE03 (zelda wind waker) then on the wii i tried with DIOS MIOS 2.9 wad file and install it then went to my usb loader and then nothing part of the steps of the tutorial i followed i went to global setting then to loader settings and the options that are on the menu are this

GC Force Interface
    DML NMM Mode
    DML LED Activity
    DML PAD Hook
    DML No Disc
    DML Debug

please help!!!

2. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    You need to install dios mios, not dios mios lite. Lite is sd card only.

3. WDae

WDae Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2013
    Canada
    Make sure your FAT32 partition is the first partition on your drive. (E.g: sda1 = fat32 ; sda2 = ext4)

4. OtakuLink
    OP

OtakuLink Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Mexico
    i did install the DIOS MIOS but it still shows the DIOS MIOS LITE options in the loader setting and i want to make it to just dios mios i just want to change it

5. Disorarara

Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2012
    It's fine.

6. miihackwii

miihackwii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2013
    make sure you have the BC V6 wad installed. The rvl-mios-v10.wad is for playing Gamecube backups from a disc.

7. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    USB Loader GX's Setting text don't reflect what you have installed.
    You need to have your USB HDD formatted to FAT32 with 32k CLustersize on the first partition.

That bit I bolded in your quote. You don't need to do DiscEX. All you need to do is create a folder on your HDD called "games" and make individual folders for each game. The name of the folder doesn't even matter. Then just rename your gcm or iso to "game.iso" and place it in their folders in the games folder.

8. OtakuLink
    OP

OtakuLink Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Mexico
    ok now i have a new issue now i tried the dios mios lite sd card and the game is there but all that hapens is that the icon shows but there is a text that says incorrect config version please updated your loader

9. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    So have you updated your loader?

10. OtakuLink
    OP

OtakuLink Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Mexico
    yes i went ot the options i selected update then i then i selectet to updated usb loader gx and says no new updates then i selected wiiTDB.xml and it's already up to date it says

11. David80008

David80008 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2012
    You will most likely have to manually update your USB loader, I had this exact issue after updating Dios Mios months ago to 2.6 I believe, USBloaderGX says it was up to date but a good soul on here gave me the latest update....

Hielkenator likes this.