DeSmuME to AK2i save

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Stash23, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Stash23
    OP

Stash23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2007
    United States
    I'm trying to be able to extract and convert a save file that DeSmuME uses to a format the AK2i flash cart could read. I've try multiple different convertors, both online and offline. I even played around with the size of what the save file should be. (I know it's 512k, but the AK2i won't read it.) Anybody have a clue to perform this? I've done it back in the VBA days and it worked like a charm, albeit a lot of converting, but I wish to do the same with DeSmuME.

- Thanks

2. AndrRezendedeSou

AndrRezendedeSou Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2012
    Brazil
    Here is your salvation : http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

3. Stash23
    OP

Stash23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2007
    United States
  4. avenir

avenir GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    well, is your sav filename correct? and configuration? .nds.sav or .sav is quite important

5. Stash23
    OP

Stash23 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2007
    United States
    I'll summarize then. I extracted my 358/2 save from my AK2i to DeSmuME. I converted the 512kbit .sav to a raw 64kb .sav file. DeSmuME reads it like a charm.
    Upon doing the inverse; it turns out to be unfruitful. The save remains 64kb, not the 512 size that AK2i needs to read.

EDIT:
    I did some more work as I was typing this post out. I found my solution. This is for those who want to convert back and forth saves between DeSmuME and their AK2i's.
    If converting from AK2i to DeSmuME: convert target format either Acekard R.P.G/CycloDS (I used the CycloDS) to raw format, leave size auto. Run DeSmuME and import the save. Volia!~

If converting from DeSmuME to AK2i: locate the .dsv file in the DeSmuME's battery folder, (or wherever else it's stored) convert target format DeSmuME to Acekard R.P.G. (odd, I know) and select 512KB-4MB for size. Upload save to AK2i and it should work!
    Good luck everyone!

6. avenir

avenir GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2010
    United States
    ah... just to make sure the sav size is the same. 512KB dsv should be converted to 512KB sav...