Hacking Desktops not working?

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put 3 folders all named Skin2/3/4 into my G6. The desktops all are bitmaps, 256x192. The only difference compared to a normal skin is that the file sizes are only about 50kbs, instead of 144 like every other background I've come across is. Is this important for some reason? The only background I was able to get to work was one I took out of an R4 skin pack.

Edit: Ok, I feel bad for constantly bugging you guys with questions and crap. So maybe this'll help those out who're having trouble. I spent the last... I dunno how long trying to figure out what was wrong. Turns out they weren't saved at the correct bitrate. I looked at the desktops properties that did work, and the bitrate was 24. The oens that didn't were 8. Since this and the file size were the only different things, figured it must be it. So I went in to some random paint program I have on here. (Photoimpact I think, came with the comp.) Changed the files to 24bit, saved 'em as bmps. Filesize turned into 144... voila, they work. So to anyone who's having problems: Save them as 24bit, 256x192 bitmaps. Sorry if everyone else knew about this but I coulda swore I saw someone else with a similar problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.