Dementium II one screen and first information

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slim pickings in news for the newly announced Dementium 2, but here's the screen first of all-

D2_01.jpg

Wow that was brief. Apparently there's an article in Nintendo Power about the game and this came from it. Here's the first few details-

- continues from the first game
- kicks off in an asylum
- 'hell dimension' involved
- improved melee combat
- new map in the style of Castlevania map helps track progress

Apparently you play as the guy once again from the first game. Surprise, he finally wakes up apparently, the first game having been all in his head. But according to the article, this game takes place in the real world. Go figure.

I'm so looking forward to this. Lets hope they fix some of the issues in the first game (saving and repetitiveness, saving of which was fixed in other regions of the first game and later Moon). They speak of a Quarter 1 2010 release.

http://www.renegadekid.com/npower_D2_news.htm

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dementium 1 released near or on Halloween of 2007 for DS. It was a first person survival horror shooter. Very fun but flawed game. It was repetitive and suffered from bad save points. At the very least, it was quite scary and was a good game deep down. It is also one of the best looking DS games to date. A perfect 60FPS framerate and an amazing dynamic lighting engine with shadows and all.

A video wouldn't do the smoothness of the game justice, but here's the gist of it-

I have high expectations for the sequel. I am hoping heavily for some more dynamic environments. I REALLY hope you can branch outside of the hospital and explore creepy towns and maybe forests. Going down the same hallways over and over again was probably the worst part of the game. It got kind of boring. And the enemies were the same too. They actually recycled the exact same bosses later on.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
granville said:
Apparently you play as the guy once again from the first game. Surprise, he finally wakes up apparently, the first game having been all in his head. But according to the article, this game takes place in the real world. Go figure.
Thanks. I've been thinking of finishing the first one sometimes, but after that, I don't see why I should anymore, duh!
yaypsp.gif

That aside, the Castlevania-style Map will be a great addition. It was boring checking the map everytime, in the first one.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
granville said:
Slim pickings in news for the newly announced Dementium 2, but here's the screen first of all-

D2_01.jpg

Wow that was brief. Apparently there's an article in Nintendo Power about the game and this came from it. Here's the first few details-

- continues from the first game
- kicks off in an asylum
- 'hell dimension' involved
- improved melee combat
- new map in the style of Castlevania map helps track progress

I'm so looking forward to this. Lets hope they fix some of the issues in the first game (saving and repetitiveness, saving of which was fixed in other regions of the first game and later Moon). They speak of a Quarter 1 2010 release.

http://www.renegadekid.com/npower_D2_news.htm

Dude, please warn for spoilers, I haven't completed Dementium yet.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Well... you can finish the game as a closed experience. I don't see how a sequel would spoil the "story" from the first one. That said, I think the choice the company made for the storyline SUCKS donkey balls and they should've justified it all instead.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for that spoiler. I didn't think it would be a big deal due to Nintendo Power being the people who said this themselves in the magazine without a spoiler warning. I'll spoiler tag the parts, but it looks too late for some people now.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
bunnybreaker said:

Why are you reading a post about a sequel then? Hurry up and finish the damn game.

Oh, by the way, Aeris dies in FF7, Second Sight takes place in the past, Killer7 is just Garcian and Pyramid Head is James' conscience.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
da_head said:
lmfao, the first game was all in his head...cute. though i am looking forward to this. playing the first one in the dark with headphones was cool :3

Yeah, It was pretty fun to do that, when a zombie comes out of nowhere is priceless lol

granville said:
I'm sorry for that spoiler. I didn't think it would be a big deal due to Nintendo Power being the people who said this themselves in the magazine without a spoiler warning. I'll spoiler tag the parts, but it looks too late for some people now.

Ahhh... yeah.....
frown.gif

It's pretty cool to see that a sequel is in the works, Cause this game was pretty good, Too bad my L and R died before i could finish the first game.

Law said:
QUOTE(bunnybreaker @ Jul 20 2009, 02:45 PM)

Why are you reading a post about a sequel then? Hurry up and finish the damn game.

Oh, by the way, [*********] in FF7, Second Sight [******], Killer7...... [*******]

Phew, I didn't readed anymore after reading Killer 7, Don't be an a**hole Law edit that post most people haven't played those and spoiling the best part of those games is not good...

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
bunnybreaker said:

Oh, by the way, Aeris dies in FF7, Second Sight takes place in the past, Killer7 is just Garcian and Pyramid Head is James' conscience.

this is why you rock.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Uzumakijl said:
Law said:
bunnybreaker said:

Oh, by the way, Aeris dies in FF7, Second Sight happens in the past, Killer7 is really Garcian.

Phew, I didn't readed anymore after reading Killer 7, Don't be an asshole Law edit that post most people haven't played those and spoiling the best part of those games is not good...

My point is is that they're old games and if you haven't beat them by now, it's your own fault for reading spoilers.

Edit: "Most people haven't played those"

If they haven't played them, and beat them by now, then they'll probably never play them, so no harm done.

Edit 2:

What I'm trying to say is, stop bashing on my buddy granville for "spoiling" a game your lazy ass couldn't be bothered to beat.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They are aware of the problems of the first game. At least Jools always says that in his youtube-videos. In the Euro-Version of DementiumI they even changed the save feature (the included checkpoint if I`m not mistaken).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi