Dementium II one screen and first information

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Slim pickings in news for the newly announced Dementium 2, but here's the screen first of all-

[​IMG]

Wow that was brief. Apparently there's an article in Nintendo Power about the game and this came from it. Here's the first few details-

- continues from the first game
    - kicks off in an asylum
    - 'hell dimension' involved
    - improved melee combat
    - new map in the style of Castlevania map helps track progress

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I'm so looking forward to this. Lets hope they fix some of the issues in the first game (saving and repetitiveness, saving of which was fixed in other regions of the first game and later Moon). They speak of a Quarter 1 2010 release.

http://www.renegadekid.com/npower_D2_news.htm

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Very cool! The first one was scary as hell. Can't wait to see what this one is like.

3. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    There was a Dementium I? I wasn't aware this game even existed. When did it come out on DS?

4. granville
    OP

United States
    Dementium 1 released near or on Halloween of 2007 for DS. It was a first person survival horror shooter. Very fun but flawed game. It was repetitive and suffered from bad save points. At the very least, it was quite scary and was a good game deep down. It is also one of the best looking DS games to date. A perfect 60FPS framerate and an amazing dynamic lighting engine with shadows and all.

A video wouldn't do the smoothness of the game justice, but here's the gist of it-

I have high expectations for the sequel. I am hoping heavily for some more dynamic environments. I REALLY hope you can branch outside of the hospital and explore creepy towns and maybe forests. Going down the same hallways over and over again was probably the worst part of the game. It got kind of boring. And the enemies were the same too. They actually recycled the exact same bosses later on.

5. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Wow, I got to say, that is actually a very good looking DS game. I may just have to keep an eye on this.

6. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Thanks. I've been thinking of finishing the first one sometimes, but after that, I don't see why I should anymore, duh! [​IMG]

That aside, the Castlevania-style Map will be a great addition. It was boring checking the map everytime, in the first one.

7. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Dude, please warn for spoilers, I haven't completed Dementium yet.

8. Maktub

Member Maktub GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Spain
    Well... you can finish the game as a closed experience. I don't see how a sequel would spoil the "story" from the first one. That said, I think the choice the company made for the storyline SUCKS donkey balls and they should've justified it all instead.

9. bunnybreaker

Member bunnybreaker GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I know what you mean, and I don't play games FOR the ending, but I like the suprise.

10. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    lmfao, the first game was all in his head...cute. though i am looking forward to this. playing the first one in the dark with headphones was cool :3

11. granville
    OP

United States
    I'm sorry for that spoiler. I didn't think it would be a big deal due to Nintendo Power being the people who said this themselves in the magazine without a spoiler warning. I'll spoiler tag the parts, but it looks too late for some people now.

12. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Why are you reading a post about a sequel then? Hurry up and finish the damn game.

Oh, by the way, Aeris dies in FF7, Second Sight takes place in the past, Killer7 is just Garcian and Pyramid Head is James' conscience.

13. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Phew, I didn't readed anymore after reading Killer 7, Don't be an a**hole Law edit that post most people haven't played those and spoiling the best part of those games is not good...

14. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    [Double post, Erase please ]

15. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    this is why you rock.

16. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    My point is is that they're old games and if you haven't beat them by now, it's your own fault for reading spoilers.

Edit: "Most people haven't played those"

If they haven't played them, and beat them by now, then they'll probably never play them, so no harm done.

Edit 2:

What I'm trying to say is, stop bashing on my buddy granville for "spoiling" a game your lazy ass couldn't be bothered to beat.

17. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    They are aware of the problems of the first game. At least Jools always says that in his youtube-videos. In the Euro-Version of DementiumI they even changed the save feature (the included checkpoint if I`m not mistaken).