• Start date
  • Views 3,638
  • Replies 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shadow 2002

OP
Hello, I think we should delete all that have not posted. They are just people who take up space for no reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this should be done.

-Shadow 2002-

M

Mixx

OP
Hello, this is my 2nd post, so sue me. I enjoy reading these boards but I dont post a lot, why? because most of the time i dont have anything constructive to say. I dont think you would want people to just post random useless spam just to keep their post count up so that they can stay in the forums.
unsure.gif

But if it must be so, then here's my post to keep me in the forum.
ph34r.gif

Peer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey i signed up when these forums started but only have 22 messages counting this one. i don't want to get deleted
ohmy.gif

K

KaliKot

OP
Hey no fair. I have my own life and you ppl should have one too instead of posting (*)@#(*@ all day long!

W

wayne

OP
this is me second post and as u can tell i dont have much to say but i`m on mixx side. so if this site is just for people to post to keep in then i prob post stupid stuff just to be kept on this super site. just because we dont post doesnt mean we r not grateful.
mad.gif

Dranzer

Rom-Source Admin/Rep
Trophies
Website
www.Rom-Source.com
XP
Country
United States
There could be just a easier way. I know there is a code you can put in the html. That will give a person a certain amount of time to log in. Just like IRC dalnet if you dont long in say within 30 days your account is deleted. That way its alot more FAIR than to just say well these people need to be banned and so forth. I mean even when you read 60% sign in (estimated guess) But its just a suggestion

Alexander

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.2ya.com
XP
Country
Italy
hey guys.. please calm down..

we are not here to judge people.. i post quite a lot, and i have my own life, some zero poster could be on line the entire day, but only glads to read the boards.

so please stop flaming.. it is pointless..

try to understand wich is GBAtemp target:
create a community with a common target, have fun, possibly with our GBA. All the other things aren't that relevant.. having hundreds of zero posters ain't that bad, remember that everyone has his point of you, someone likes to say "thank you" someone enjoys simply the board.. so please, take it easy and have fun.. read the board, and if you like post on it..

biggrin.gif

F

Fearlessjay

OP
Why is this being brought up? What's the harm in letting people lurk? The Moderators have already said that it's not a problem. Theres a fair few who have got an awful lot posts from merely saying 'try Mirc' a few times a day. If you start eliminating people after not posting for a while, what happens if they were on vacation? Away from a PC for a few weeks (can happen)

I agree with Wayne, and all the other lads who posted in similar vain. Sometimes it's better to be a quiet man (Ian Duncan Smith, who was very quiet)

Dranzer

Rom-Source Admin/Rep
Trophies
Website
www.Rom-Source.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why it has been, I just posted my thoughts and a simple suggestion frankly I dont mind. I mean they arent bothering me.
They shouldnt be bothering anyone else..

I just made made a simple more "POLITE" way to handle the situtation without being rude.. I really dont like that way of handling things. banning doesnt really solve nothing in the long run. Most people will just sign up to get banned. But as I said I didnt mean no disrespect.

M

mouse_uk

OP
...For the guys really into this topic, pause for a minute and take a look at my membership number.

Yes, i was actually the 17th member of this forum and this to me means nothing
biggrin.gif

I happen to love and respect KiVan and Alex and understand, to an extent, their objectives in regards GBATemp.

KiVan and Alex arn't stupid, they'll take action when and as it's required. As for the account holders who arn't posting, how is their lack of activity effecting you? I propose it's not, not in the slightest
mad.gif

So why are you bitching about such members, what have they done to you?

Personally i don't see the problem. Nuff said

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
mouse uk said all the necessary
smile.gif

we won't delete inactive members AT ALL!
i'd rather enjoy deletin' accounts like Zero T....
one post... one insult......

some ppl really needs to grow up...

-closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1