delete my account

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by VietVincent, Nov 23, 2008.

Nov 23, 2008

delete my account by VietVincent at 1:42 AM (1,393 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. VietVincent
    OP

Newcomer VietVincent Newbie

United States
    can an admin delete this account?

2. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    ...Could we have a reason why?

3. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Had the account for 24 hours and you want it deleted? Would have saved everyone a lot of time if you never made the account.

4. Cablephish

Member Cablephish Show me...

Canada
    Give it to him admin. Quick and painless, lol.

You oughtta have a worthwhile reason, like at the stroke of 12, you'll spam like a werewolf.

5. FinalDanish

Newcomer FinalDanish Newbie

United Kingdom
    Would a moderator or administrator please delete my account or rename it if you do not want to take the time to delete it. Though I would prefer you delete it entirely.

Reason, I just have not been using the site (note this being the first post).

If you need to prove that the creator of the account is requesting deletion, you may e-mail my registered address as verification. I will respond in the manner requested in order to delete the account.

Hopefully though a moderator will see this post. I did not want to create a new thread and so I just posted in this extremely old thread.

In the future, I suggest adding a delete account option somewhere in the profile manager. It should include an e-mail verification system in order to ensure the proper person is requesting deletion. This way the deletion of an account is more user friendly and does not require a moderator to waste his or her time performing this gruesome action.

Also sorry for bumping this topic near the head of this subforum. It is always a sad day when a member leaves its forum. Don't cry! jk

Happy gaming everyone, and do not think ill of me. I never thought ill of you.

6. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    2jb589y589v
    copy that
    set it as pass

Lol seriously just leave if you really wanna

7. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    just not log in if you want. Im sure the admins has set an auto-cleaning in a website like this one to clean un-used accounts or topics. On second note, This site's admins do cleaning old topics manually.

8. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    :/ I suggested twice after around 6 months difference that it would be good to have a board dedicated for Wii/GBA/NDS/Other help for guests. Because there are around 1500 guests browsing this site with less registered. It could maybe take alot of stress off the server what with all the new accounts being made and not being used. Though I guess it would also be good to have a pm sent to people with around 1 post, no avatar maybe and inactive for long times saying that their account will be deleted if they don't respond.

9. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    it would really a pain if an admin will do that manually. I guess, it would be a bot who will send them PMs. I second to the suggestion about PMs on members with less activity

10. tripellex

Member tripellex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seriously, whats the point of deleting it? Just dont use it.

11. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, like a bot that pm's and if there is no reply to it then it gets deleted.

12. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    This thread is old.
    Just don't use it.