delete language

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by halloworld, May 6, 2016.

1. halloworld
    OP

halloworld Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    Gambia, The
    can i delete unused language from unpacked games?
    run un loadiine gx

regards

2. AydenTheKilla

AydenTheKilla Garchomp King

May 3, 2016
    United States
    From most games, yes. Just make sure you dont try to change the language or else your game will freeze

3. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Try and error is your friend :D?

4. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    That's pretty much what people did with StarFox Zero to make it load faster, making it only one language and deleting the rest.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Is there merit to it here then? Time was we used to delete languages and such but when an entire script is 4 megs for a substantial RPG and 4 megs is about one cut scene or one non midi song in a game, and the entire game is easily into the hundreds of megabytes, it becomes less useful for space reasons. However if it means faster loads, though one wonders what kind of drugs the devs were on if it is game level rather than hack level, then it might be worth adapting some of the older guides that cover some of the fallout.

Edit. Apparently someone crowbarred open the wallet and actually dubbed things in multiple languages. That would pump up space I guess.

Misledz likes this.
  6. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Can I remove files from other langages in my games to use less space on the SD card? Will the game works?

Ex: for star fox guard, can I remove German, Italian and Spanish folders from \content\sound\stream without broke the game???

7. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Usually, for Zero or Guard yes, in fact I think when it was first dumped you had to delete those for the game to boot, I only have English still on mine and it works fine

Keylogger likes this.
  8. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Yeah it's pretty odd but I'm not even sure what happened, one that one iso site for WiiU, there's a massive debate going on about that, SFZ has like 8 languages including French Canadian and English as the set default. The installation took 30 mins upon start and the loadtimes were about a minute or two longer, one of the guys deleted all the language packs and made it just pure English and well and behold, 20-30 seconds load times and the installation was instant when compressed english audio was replaced with the uncompressed audio files.

Stuff like this took me by surprise and makes me wonder if there are many games that benefit from this, or is this a Ninty games sort of thing.

9. lord_azareus

lord_azareus Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Same here, only spanish and, in fact, boots better.