Delete Failed CIA Installs

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cots, May 16, 2016.

1. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    FBI is some sketchy shit. It's constantly failing to install CIA files. I have to try 2-3 times to get one installed. Anyway, so I tried to install a title and it failed twice now, both times it seems to have sucked bites out of the file system. I was wondering how do you remove those failed installs. I already tried through the settings menu, but they don't show up on the home menu as an icon or in the settings.

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    I think you should take a second look at the place where you get your CIAS from, I have installed over 200 cias on multiple systems and I have never experienced a single install failure... It could be your internet fuxking up your downloads too...

For the record, what FBI version do you use?

3. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    A failed CIA install should take up only a very small amount of actual space (pretty much just the ticket itself), the 3ds will free (or mark as free? not 100% sure on that) the space the actual content used. Atleast from my personal experience with the many many CIA installs I've done while developing CIAngel

4. cots
    OP

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I'm using 2.2.1. The thing is I created the CIA files myself and they do work, but every 2-3 will FBI will either freeze or the bottom screen will turn black and the New 3DS will become unresponsive.

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    FBI 2.2.1 is more unstable than FBI 1.X and Dev/BBM.
    I have tried installing a self-dump CIA. FBI 2.2.1 froze at 150MB/2.1GB, BBM installed it successfully.

6. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Also have a self dump installed and experienced the freeze. Good to know that's fbi's fault.