Delete downloaded 3.6.1 update firmware

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by nowaaru, Sep 8, 2016.

1. nowaaru
    OP

nowaaru Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    Hi, today i turn on my Vita and got a notification about firmware 3.6.1 is downloaded. I have not yet update to 3.6.1 firmware so is there anyway to remove the downloaded update files?

2. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    If you're able to reach the Settings program you can search for Download Updates (or called something similar) under the startup programs.
    If you untick the box there it deletes the update from your memorycard (there is no notification that it was deleted, but it should work)

Last edited by VitaType, Sep 8, 2016
    nowaaru likes this.
  3. nowaaru
    OP

nowaaru Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    Can you be more specific? Yes i can access setting, but i don't know exactly where to go to delete it. I already unticked "Download Update File for System Software" under "System/Auto-start Settings"

4. CarefulCrysis

CarefulCrysis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2013
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    If the vita has downloaded the update it'll be in the notifications where all downloads are you can choose to delete it there ;) it won't install it until you allow it anyway so you have nothing to worry about

nowaaru likes this.
  5. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    we need a tubehax like dns for the vita xD

6. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    in the notifications delete the msg.... slap airplane mode on....only turn wifi on when u need it.... i had the same moment myself ... just glad it didn't auto update :)

Last edited by SuperDan, Sep 9, 2016
  7. aenoch

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    Was just about. To post this same question

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And just deleted mine clickbthe dots in the notfication click cancle. It pops up say. Download will be canceled and deleted etc

8. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Just to add one more person to verify this, you don't need to go into settings at all. Just open the notification, click cancel and once you hit yes, the notification and downloaded update will be removed just as everyone else said. I have done this several times. Just don't be a noob and accidentally allow the update. Or, you could leave the notification in the tray and ignore it. If you turn wifi on, it'll just download again anyway until we get a new way to block updates.

9. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Actually you can prevent the automatic Updates from downloading by going into to settings and just uncheck "Automatic System Updates"

10. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    But where? I was just in settings and didn't see that option.

EDIT: Just found out where, coutesy of a Wololo user. Go into Settings, then choose the following options in this order:

System->Auto Start Settings->Download Update File for System

Last edited by ArugulaZ, Sep 16, 2016