Hacking Delete downloaded 3.6.1 update firmware

nowaaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, today i turn on my Vita and got a notification about firmware 3.6.1 is downloaded. I have not yet update to 3.6.1 firmware so is there anyway to remove the downloaded update files?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're able to reach the Settings program you can search for Download Updates (or called something similar) under the startup programs.
If you untick the box there it deletes the update from your memorycard (there is no notification that it was deleted, but it should work)

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: nowaaru

nowaaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're able to reach the Settings program you can search for Download Updates (or called something similar) under the startup programs.
If you untick the box there it deletes the update from your memorycard (there is no notification that it was deleted, but it should work)
Can you be more specific? Yes i can access setting, but i don't know exactly where to go to delete it. I already unticked "Download Update File for System Software" under "System/Auto-start Settings"

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just about. To post this same question

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And just deleted mine clickbthe dots in the notfication click cancle. It pops up say. Download will be canceled and deleted etc

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add one more person to verify this, you don't need to go into settings at all. Just open the notification, click cancel and once you hit yes, the notification and downloaded update will be removed just as everyone else said. I have done this several times. Just don't be a noob and accidentally allow the update. Or, you could leave the notification in the tray and ignore it. If you turn wifi on, it'll just download again anyway until we get a new way to block updates.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you can prevent the automatic Updates from downloading by going into to settings and just uncheck "Automatic System Updates"

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But where? I was just in settings and didn't see that option.

EDIT: Just found out where, coutesy of a Wololo user. Go into Settings, then choose the following options in this order:

System->Auto Start Settings->Download Update File for System

Last edited by ArugulaZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs