Hacking Delete any LayeredFS traces.

Unrealjuanka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everybody, tomorrow I will receive the Team Xecuter SX Pro. But I have been using LayeredFS to play some games. I want to try to delete any trace, historial, ... of these games and only use SX OS to play on a safe way without any BAN.
How can I do that?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
They say you have to restore your nand backup made before any shady business. But that's a bit extreme.

I just clear logs via hekate before booting ofw every time.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They say you have to restore your nand backup made before any shady business. But that's a bit extreme.

I just clear logs via hekate before booting ofw every time.

Many people including SciresM have stated that clearing logs is asking for a ban. At least with that HB app (called nx-dreport?). Is using Hekate to clear logs somehow different?

Reactions: whateverg1012
D

Deleted-442439

Clearing logs can be just as dangerous as not clearing them, and it only removes the error reports generated erpt. That is not all the data reported to Nintendo.

The only way to be 100% safe is to make clean rawnand backup. Use CFW in airplane mode and with no internet settings and then once done, you restote the backup.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearing logs can be just as dangerous as not clearing them, and it only removes the error reports generated erpt. That is not all the data reported to Nintendo.

The only way to be 100% safe is to make clean rawnand backup. Use CFW in airplane mode and with no internet settings and then once done, you restote the backup.

Why does everyone say to use airplane mode AND delete your internet settings? Seems unnecessary. Is it to act as a safety in case you have airplane mode off when you boot CFW? If that's the case you could keep your setting and just turn off auto connect.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone say to use airplane mode AND delete your internet settings? Seems unnecessary. Is it to act as a safety in case you have airplane mode off when you boot CFW? If that's the case you could keep your setting and just turn off auto connect.

There are hidden "Nintendo Wi-Fi" networks that you can't see in your settings. Airplane mode is the only way to prevent from connecting to one of those if you walk in a Best Buy or something.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are hidden "Nintendo Wi-Fi" networks that you can't see in your settings. Airplane mode is the only way to prevent from connecting to one of those if you walk in a Best Buy or something.

I heard wearing a tin foil hat will protect you against that.

No. The Switch does not secretly connect to special hidden Nintendo networks when in airplane mode. The purpose of airplane mode is to turn off cellular and WiFi radios so that they don't interfere with a plane's avionics during critical portions of the flight. Namely take off and landing. Having the WiFi radio secretly turn on while in airplane mode is almost certainly against FAA rules and thus a violation of federal law.

Edit: Whoops. Maybe I misread your post. I understand why you would turn on airplane mode. I asked why turn on airplane mode AND delete your internet settings. Because with airplane mode on the WiFi radio gets turned off.

Last edited by DocAmes1980,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard wearing a tin foil hat will protect you against that.

No. The Switch does not secretly connect to special hidden Nintendo networks when in airplane mode. The purpose of airplane mode is to turn off cellular and WiFi radios so that they don't interfere with a plane's avionics during critical portions of the flight. Namely take off and landing. Having the WiFi radio secretly turn on while in airplane mode is almost certainly against FAA rules and thus a violation of federal law.

You misread my post. I never claimed that the Switch connected to secret wifi access points while in Airplane mode. I only said that it is pre-loaded with wireless networks that you cannot see in Settings. "Nintendo Zones" on the 3DS did the same thing.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misread my post. I never claimed that the Switch connected to secret wifi access points while in Airplane mode. I only said that it is pre-loaded with wireless networks that you cannot see in Settings. "Nintendo Zones" on the 3DS did the same thing.

Roger, see edit above. To be fair, you misread my post as well. I was asking why you would need to delete internet settings if you were using airplane mode. I wasn't asking why you should use airplane mode in the first place.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roger, see edit above. To be fair, you misread my post as well. I was asking why you would need to delete internet settings if you were using airplane mode. I wasn't asking why you should use airplane mode in the first place.

You specifically mention turning off auto-connect as an alternative for using airplane mode, which won't prevent you from connecting to those other networks that you can't see.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree. Just turn off auto-connect in “internet settings”. That way, you’ll never forget to toggle airplane mode.
Just going to re-iterate, turning off auto-connect will not help if your Switch goes in range of a Nintendo Wi-fi access point. I only heard about this yesterday from a post by CTCaer:
Yes.
These are hidden inside Horizon, so if you have the wifi on, it connects automatically. And then...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ktemkin-drama.511193/page-73#post-8147418

I would love it if he could elaborate more on that. I've looked around online and can't seem to find this documented anywhere. But considering all the work he's done with Hekate, I trust he knows what he's talking about.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You specifically mention turning off auto-connect as an alternative for using airplane mode, which won't prevent you from connecting to those other networks that you can't see.

Again. This was in the context of using airplane mode AND deleting your internet settings. I was questioning why doing both was necessary because turning off airplane mode alone should be enough. Turning off auto-connect could be used as an adjunct to using airplane mode. Not an alternative. That way if you forgot to turn on airplane mode your Switch wouldn't auto connect to your saved connection. Of course if there really are "secret Nintendo WiFi networks" altering or deleting your saved connection would have no impact on connection to these alleged clandestine networks. I misunderstood your first reply because you were answering a question that I didn't ask. I understand that auto-connect only applies to a given saved network. Please read slowly this time and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Andy

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those sneaky Nintendo Zones were definitely a thing with the 3DS, if you didn’t have WiFi turned off those little bastards would download the system update and then then start the update nag. I beleive they were/are tied to AT&T WiFi hotspots. Got attacked by one staying in an Embassy Suites back in 2015. Wasn’t in the room for more than 1/2 hour and the damage was already done when I opened it up.

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse